Need a guys opinion and ladies feel free to chime in!

by TweetieBird 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I think you should be frank about it with your husband. Tell him you feelings... if he doesn't want to take your feelings into account and wants to keep on hanging out with this floozie, well....

AaG

• flipper
    flipper

TWEETIE BIRD- My wife and I talked about this thread and came to this conclusion. And this is coming from a man, myself. You as your husband's wife should not have to ask him to make clear to this woman to stop flirting with him. I agree with No More Guilt's take that your husband knows by all the things you said - that this woman is flirting and has the hots for him ! Some guys aren't dumb , some just play dumb in front of their wives to make it difficult for the wife to confront him about the flirtation. In other words the husband pretends the elephant isn't in the living room. Just to get strokes on his ego.

Your husband should very easily be able to make plain to this woman that he is happily married to you- and not put that burden of proof on your shoulders ! If he is the man you say he is , he will be frank and honest and take care of the situation by spraying cold water ( figuratively ) on this hot hussie and make her exit your lives pronto ! You say your communication is good ; keep talking with your husband. It sounds to me hubby is way too tolerant of the situation. There might be deeper reasons he makes excuses for this woman and does not want to appear as the bad guy. Not saying for sure ; but be careful, and you as the wife cover all the bases, cross your T's and dot your i's. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I had the same problem, My first husband had my girlfriend come over to take care of me, I had a baby and I was sick after the baby was born. I was in bed she didn't help me at all, she followed my Husband around and he like it. She took care of him.

I was mad, I talk to my Husband about it, he act like he didn't no that. I told him I didn't want to see her again, she is not my friend. when she is flirting with my husband. We never saw her again.

Tell hubby Your feeling be strong about it. She is not your friend, get rid of her. If she talks to you tell her you don't want to see her anymore and tell her why.

Good Luck Sweetie

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

She definitely has the hots for him,

1.) I would suggest not letting her know when he is home.

2.) Make sure you totally have the weekend planned tightly with him so you are too busy
    for her.

hope4others

• Robdar
    Robdar

Change your cell phone number and your hubby's. Get rid of her. This gal is trouble.

Good luck to you.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I've been with her enough times to know that she looks at who's calling and will only answer if it's someone she wants to talk to. I have even tried to call her in the past and she won't answer, but when I use DH's phone she picks up immediately. Hmmm!

Fire her.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is one thing men have which is the "guy code". Part of the code is we don't poach on each other's turf. I have not seen any hint that women have anything corresponding to the guy code. Indeed, I have seen them to be catty and competitive. (Note to ladies in the civilized world: I am talking about American women!)

It is time to be very concerned.

The advice offered here to air it out in the open is very sound. Your guy is likely turned off by her being desperate and needy, but you want to be sure of that.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I have not seen any hint that women have anything corresponding to the guy code. Indeed, I have seen them to be catty and competitive. (Note to ladies in the civilized world: I am talking about American women!)

You must be a moron. Or you don't get out of the country much. Heck, you must not get out at all since you've swept all American women into this category.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"You must be a moron. Or you don't get out of the country much. Heck, you must not get out at all since you've swept all American women into this category."

I did not say "all". You did. I deliberately excluded women in other parts of the world with whom I have not observed such behavior, so as to not slander them. Who might the moron really be here?

• Robdar
    Robdar

"You must be a moron. Or you don't get out of the country much. Heck, you must not get out at all since you've swept all American women into this category."

I did not say "all". You did. I deliberately excluded women in other parts of the world with whom I have not observed such behavior, so as to not slander them. Who might the moron really be here?

Nobody said you said all women. I said you put ALL AMERICAN WOMEN in this category. My, what sweeping generalizations you make. Maybe you should do more to improve your power of observation.

Now, my observation is that you are a moron. This might explain your bitterness towards AMERICAN women.

Of course, my friend is sitting here with me and she says you aren't a moron, it's just that your sex is inherently disabled and inferior. It isn't your fault that you suffer from the broken x chromosome syndrome. Of course, she's nicer than I am.

I still say you are a moron. It has nothing to do with your gender.

You know why you are a moron? Because men DO poach on each other's turf. Even American men. Not all guys do it, but some do. And, believe it or not, not all American women poach either. THIS American woman does not, and my friends do not. Because of this, I am not inclined to sit here and let you spew your biased, moronic opinion without calling you on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit