Bizarre Foods

by Layla33 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

chicken talons in vinegar
    fish and chips

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Ooh, biltong and blue cheese as a salad dressing - yum!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

The strangest thing I ever ate.... well.... was my ex!

Anyway, I've eaten shark, octopus, swordfish, aligator and squid. I've eaten Kimchi, which is a Korean thingie made out of fermented cabbage and hot peppers. I know I've probably eaten some other strange stuff, but I can't think of anything else right now.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Escargot, loved it.

My sojourn in the southeast USA had me eating every part of the hog. Head cheese, anyone?

I have caught and eaten frogs, crawdads or crawfish. Ate a plate of crawdads in New Orleans.

I sometimes prepare octopus and squid in a tomato sauce. Like chewing on the tentacles.

Never had "mountain oysters" but it is on the list.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We like Zimmern's show too. We have to admit, some of the foods he eats are not really "bizarre" to us.

Like many things in life, food varies by country and even regions within a country.

Here in South Florida, we think nothing about eating alligator. You can get it as an appetizer in many restaurants. Really good as long as it comes from the tail portion, not the body.

Rattlesnake (it's ok, nothing special, not worth the price) ...

Jellyfish (really good ... makes a nice "salad" ... get it packaged and ready-to-eat in any Asian food store).

Octopus (nothing bizarre about that to me ... it's a staple in Greece ... we have it Greek style or as an ingredient in a Paella).

Bird Nest Soup (very expensive Asian soup ... I tried it once just to say I had it .. it's made from .. well .. .look it up on the internet .. basically from bird spit ... it tasted fine but not worth the price, something like $25 for a small bowl)

Rub a Dub

• chickpea
    chickpea

alligator, rattlesnake,scrapple.... but my all time favourite underappreciated food is whitefish livers.... lightly dredged in flour spiced with pepper and garlic and fried in coconut oil, served with sauteed peppers and onion

• restrangled
    restrangled

Smoked Butt (aka corned beef and cabbage) GAG......hate it.

No tenticles, testicles, organs, bugs or fermented at room tempature stuff for me thank you! I did eat Buffalo once....

I can't even watch that program. By the way I love to cook......(real food)

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit