Bizarre Foods

by Layla33 36 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

At a restaurant on the Southern California coast I ate Turkey testicles , or turkey nuts ! Kind of tasted like chicken ! Actually good ! Also I ate frog legs after some friends caught some . Also tasted like chicken

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Uni Shooter. I did it once and have no real desire to do it again.

Here's a link to a definition of one: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ultimate/07/fooddrink/5214827.html

-Aude.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have eaten some of the unusual food mentioned above, snails many times and they are very nice, tripe soup made from cow's stomach also very good, and the most unusual of all was turtle meat, again good.

I wonder what kind of taste ants have.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Scrapple, escargot. I love them!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Lingua or lengua, I forgot how to spell it. Beef tongue. This is my favorite form of beef:) They serve this in real Mexican restaurants. You won't find it in any Tex-Mex restaurant.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sorry, but I keep remembering stuff I've eaten. Shark at bookstudy when I was a teenager. Yummy! And I've eaten all sorts of game. I want to try snake next.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Rattlesnake (OK), snails (don't care for them), beef brains (bland), blood pudding (yuck), rocky mountain oysters (can say I tried it won't ever do it again).

On a trip to Sweden I decided that they serve Herring with every meal. I liked some of the sauces, the herring themselves weren't that good.

Ate lots of frog legs as a kid, we caught them ourselves.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My bf likes balut. No way I'd ever try it.

I've had camel hump and donkey meat. The latter was awesome, the former was so-so.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

lengua is good. birria is good. uni is disgusting. but the most disgusting thing I ever put in my mouth was lutefisk. Oh nelly is that stuff awful. It stay in my mouth less than a second - didn't plan on spitting it out but that's what happened.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

A Canadian delicacy-prarie oysters-hint-definitely not seafood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit