Have I become like those I despise?

by Hortensia 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

You are not alone.

• Sirona
    Sirona

((((Hortensia))))

I do understand because like others on this thread I've also suffered the exact same feelings. Finally I feel I'm emerging from the blackness, but I'm still really careful right now to keep well.

My only advise is do your utmost to surround yourself with people. Go to groups, get out of the house, if you can.

I'd also recommend praying. You might not see god in the same way, but pray anyway.

hugs

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Mother Teresa's Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
    Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
    Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
    Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
    Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
    Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
    Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
    Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
    Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
    It was never between you and them anyway.

• BFD
    BFD

Queen H, everything is alright.

BFD

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hopefully things will look up for you soon, this happens to many, perhaps most, people that leave the cult but eventually they adjust well to the new environment. The problem is that there are many negative even crippling ideas left by the cult that can interfere with normal adjustment to the new life eg fear of a coming doom (armageddon), fear of being an enemy of god (jehovah hates those opposing "his" organisation) fear of the world (it is owed stock and barrel by the demons). And fears do funny things to human psychology as those involved in manipulating the masses, the FDS being a good example of these, know so well.

Have you tried to think through what shortcircuits your emotional world? How to break down the complex of negative ideas produced by the FDS? That they are a total travesty who for some odd reason call themselves christians even the only true christians when they are really judaic at heart promoting judaic interests? The ones pretending to be your best friends when they are in fact your worst enemies?

• jgnat
    jgnat

ahhhh, hortensia. You did not have to exercise my [editing] abilities to get attention. If it gets bad enough you can do what my (bipolar) mom did and run out in to traffic to slow down the speeders. Two months in a mental institution straightened her out right fast, and she hasn't resorted to dramatic solutions again.

You are an interesting person with all kinds of great things to contribute to the world and to the forum. Depression is a bear, I know. Like wading through oatmeal. But regardless of how you are feeling, you can still make good.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I'm pretty happy...it burns doesn't it! Oooo feel my burning happiness!

• Casper
    Casper

Morning Hortensia,

Sincerely hope you are feeling somewhat better today....

Cas

• wings
    wings

You deserve as much attention as you can get my royal friend. I hate it that you are having a down time, but unfortunately it seems to be a part of this journey of life we are all on. Sh*t happens. Even though...... I wish you the best today, that the sun will shine again in your heart.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you're feeling loopy - that made me laugh. I can't relate to all that you going through so I'll hand out the hugs, have a whiskey with you, and sssssssssiigh saying "it's gonna be oooooookay"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit