DID GOD CREATE THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS???

by Terry 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lalliv01
    lalliv01
    If GOD COULD create the BEST of all possible worlds--is this world it?

Terry, I think He's trying again. It's called the "new creation, the annointed, the bride........" I understand they are supposed to be immortal AND incapable of commiting a mistake. As for free will, well, how does one explain that?

• Dagney
    Dagney

I used to call it "the great experiment gone bad."

• trevor
    trevor
    Terry: The best of all possible worlds would contain humans designed with an internal guidance which exactly corresponded with what was best for humanity as programmed by the designer himself!

This thread, like the Bible, talks as though humans are the only living creatures on the planet. Animals were here for millions of years before we imploded on planet earth.

If they were created one has to ask why? They are an intrinsic part of the Eco system. If all life resolves around humans we have to ask why dangerous beasts were put here first to attack and kill the emerging human race?

Humans used to believe that the sun revolved around the earth we now know we were wrong.

Perhaps we will one day realise that the world does not resolve around us.

Perhaps even this God, that there is so much speculation about, is less real than the humble ant.

Trevor

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't know how it could be "better" than it is. "Better" as in, easier and less painful? If life were easier and less painful, then we wouldn't have evolved to be so smart. If we hadn't have evolved to be so smart, then this discussion wouldn't be taking place. I wouldn't want the world to be any other way. Even though it sucks a lot of the time. And everything dies. Sometimes horribly.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well if He created all worlds, then He must have created the best of all as well as the mediocre.... more sand please...

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Maybe God didn't create this world the way it is today.

Who knows, there is no way we can find out. We only assume we know certain fundamentals about our world from what scientists tell us and what we observe. And scientists are just as flawed and dogmatic in their assumptions as religionists are.

I'm pretty sure we are in the dark on a lot of matters we thought we were enlightened about .... so begins homo ignoramus.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Best for Terry?

Or best for God?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Best for Terry?

Or best for God?

Bingo! It depends on point of view doesn't it? Burn

• Satanus
    Satanus

What is there on this planet that is good for god?

S

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Maybe Adam (if you believe the myth) was the only one who had free will. Being perfect to make a decision on what is right or wrong.

Obvisiously it wasn't the wrong decision to make, since it would have opened his eyes to what was good and bad. It would have also have lead to Adam's eternal life, since he would have eat from the tree of life.

As for free will today, there is no such thing! It's just a genetic lottery so to speak, some win and some lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit