DID GOD CREATE THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS???

by Terry 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If this is about morality, do we have a digression from the question?

Are we suggesting choices for the advantage of humanity may be flawed - or ones to do with an invisible divinity none of us have met =or /= some other humans control tactics?

I think you may find we each will confuse the two in this debate!

For example:

I think it was in Africa where when you went round for coffee you had to sleep with the guys wife in order not to offend his household!

Everyone was happy so no sin was committed!

Only if disease becomes attached does it develop sinister connotations in reality!

Obviously every house wife was wanting George Clooney round for coffee but that's another story!

I can think of a few guys I'd be asking if they wouldn't mind me going round cuz their coffee is the best I ever tasted!

So choice is an invitation to make mistakes = like why did I bring this kid into the world after going round to so and sos for coffee mularkey - did I get worked over that day? etc!

But so long as harm none is an accepted part of the whole I think humans can construct their own godless morality = which is largely why I have no argument with consenting individuals in various things they may choose to do which I may find distasteful - ! Due all of our conditioning though we have a plethora of acceptable boundaries which themselves often cause more problems than the reality of whatever problem is being argued.

So in this respect a godless world may seem an improved world and not a free for all slaughterhouse everyone panics about!

Coffee anyone - oh bring your own wife cuz I live alone !lol

However - many humans have been imprinted with a morality which oversteps what is essential for humanity and our pleasureable living and attempts to impose its dynamic on the rest of the human race to an extent that it demonises and often sacrifices them no matter how peaceable they may be.

So did the first man and woman have a choice?

Or were they deliberately denied having been given the option to do an imaginary wrong?

And what is 'wrong' anyhow apart from anothers perception? - except in the harming of others (is this the only true sin?)

And was that the kiss of death for them?

I will take 5 cuz the carousel is making me dizzy right now!

• Terry
    Terry

However - many humans have been imprinted with a morality which oversteps what is essential for humanity and our pleasureable living and attempts to impose its dynamic on the rest of the human race to an extent that it demonises and often sacrifices them no matter how peaceable they may be.

So did the first man and woman have a choice?

Morality is practical. Immorality is impractical.

Beyond that it is a fetish.

In the best of all possible worlds everybody is practical.

What threw a monkey wrench into the EDEN scenario was the conflict between man's (God-given) nature and the IMPRACTICAL restraint imposed upon man by God (and God's nature.)

Asking man not to do man things, in other words.

To oversimplify: you can demand that a five feet tall fellow be six feet tall--but, you defy the practical in so doing.

Allow me the indulgence here to spell it out.

IF MAN DID NOT KNOW good from evil he could not do wrong unless wrong was imputed to him.

Wrong was imputed to him.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

What we now have however is the chaos of the fussions of the fallout of the 'imputed wrong'!

Which is far more considerable than the initial spark!

We have a chain reaction in motion and no amount of extingishing appears adequate in tackling the mutations of its flames.

And worst of all, the deliverer of the law chooses to be absent the scene it was at for the situation where the spark set flame to creation!

Unless of course none of the above applies?

• Terry
    Terry

The best of all possible worlds is best for all.

Can we say God would ever want such a world?

• trevor
    trevor

Did God create the best of all possible worlds?

Let’s for the sake of argument, suspend common sense and accept the Bible idea that an all knowing, perfect God carefully created the world and everything in it and then declared that ‘it was good.’ He would have known in advance that the world he was creating would be a living thing, subject to change and development.

According to the Bible, he felt regret that he had created man. God’s world did not work out the way he planned. To any rational mind this constitutes failure. As he engineered the world into being, any fault in any part of it rests on his invisible shoulders.

Man can not be blamed for this because he was just a part of creation, he did not choose to be created or choose whether he had free will. These were the deliberate choices of the creator. If man was not supposed to use his free will then it is not free will but a built in flaw.

This was God’s world and he alone was responsible the world he created. He must take the credit or the blame for a successful project or a failed project.

IF ON THE OTHER HAND God created a world just to see how it would all work out, then we would have no problem. Like any experiment, any outcome would do.

But the Bible tells us that God had a preconceived plan with a predicted outcome. His plan failed to work out. He could have just said oops! Then worked with what was left to improve his world. That is what all responsible adults do.

Instead God placed the total blame on man and punished him. Not just a spank but a death sentence.

Did God create the best of all possible worlds? Logic dictates that God created the worst of all possible worlds but was too egotistical to admit that he was to blame.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

btt

• Terry
    Terry
    It is the human nature that died, not the divine.

The "nature" died?

The snow melted and the white died?

The snow became vapor and the vapor is the divine?

What happened to the white?

You see--this is vapid and silly thinking.

The essential nature of a thing IS the thing itself.

Jesus died dead as a doornail or He was MORE than the human Adam was.

Jesus wasn't an oreo cookie with divine white center of flavorful yummy that lived on!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If God was so loving and just, why didn't he give Adam and Eve a second chance in the garden of Eden ?

Or at least protect them from that evil Satan. ?

• Terry
    Terry

If God was so loving and just, why didn't he give Adam and Eve a second chance in the garden of Eden ?

Or at least protect them from that evil Satan. ?

Key issue!

Eve was deceived. She was fooled. We are told it was through ONE MAN sin entered the world; no mention of woman.

Yet, the woman is punished and must be put (along with all women through all of history) under man's thumb!

The man--NOT THE WOMAN--brought sin into the world. (According to scripture).

It is all pretty mindless stuff.

Had the theologian who invented the Salvation equation ADAM=JESUS (First Adam/last Adam) allowed EVE to share the blame it would have messed up his argument!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Your making us think Terry......good on you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit