What are you Paying?

by sammielee24 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

$3.19 (and rising) in Oklahoma City, OK

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Central Texas- $3.29 for regular, but I saw it for $3.25 elsewhere. I think the diesel was like $3.80. Nelly are you saying diesel is $10 a gallon in the UK?!!! Yikes! I remember when diesel was cheaper than regular gas. What happened? I always thought it needed less processing or something...-Potential

• Layla33
    Layla33

$3.39

• oompa
    oompa

We fuss about gas....but can you imagine living in Haiti? The island is so decimated they can hardly grow anything, so most food is shipped in.....what a nightmare...........oompa

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I don't understand about Haiti- I think the Dominican Republic is still doing ok and able to grow their own food. What is the deal with Haiti, when they occupy the same island? Did they just turn it into a dust bowl or what? -Potential

• Casper
    Casper

Ours was $3.39 earlier when I posted... Just got back from town and it's now $3.46...

Cas

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I get confused about the diesel thing too..mind you..I'm just sick of hearing the companies come up with all sorts of lame excuses so if they told me the truth right now I wouldn't believe them. Apparently now the government is trying to investigate the refineries themselves since that was one of the latest excuses as to why the price keeps climbing...sure...right....

Bearing in mind that the cost to the consumer is not comparable in real $$ with the UK and other smaller heavily populated countries since the size of England entirely would fit inside California or Texas and has a rail and transport service that covers that country in a way that is not existent in the majority of the States. sammieswife.

• oompa
    oompa
    potential: What is the deal with Haiti, when they occupy the same island? Did they just turn it into a dust bowl or what?

More like a mud bowl....I saw a documentary about how due to so few natural resources there, many people use charcoal made from cut down trees to cook with...no trees=horrible errosion=silty coastal water=poor fishing=hungry. The place looked more like the moon in places....oompa

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

@ $5.00 a gallion here in Vancouver, and I had to buy a big car a couple of years ago, dumb, dumb, dumb

I'm shocked to hear that gas is $10.00 US. a gallion in the U.K. WOW

• yknot
    yknot

Highland Lakes...Central Texas

unleaded $3:16

gal of milk $3:49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit