What are you Paying?

by sammielee24 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

Its £1.15 a litre for diesel here.

Bearing in mind that the cost to the consumer is not comparable in real $$ with the UK and other smaller heavily populated countries since the size of England entirely would fit inside California or Texas and has a rail and transport service that covers that country in a way that is not existent in the majority of the States. sammieswife.

People keep saying that on these threads. Public transportation is great if you live in London (or New York for that matter), but once you get out into the open country then its whole different matter. I have a bus that comes every hour or so, but it goes in the opposite direction for me to be able to get to work, for which I have a 25mile each way commute. House prices here are absolutely crazy too, I don't know how any first time buyers can afford to buy a house. Last time I looked it up, if I sold my small 2 up 2 down terrace in the UK I would be able to buy a huge 3 bed/2bath lake front house in the US, with local facilities/city similar distances away to what I have in the UK.

Paul

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

$3.49 in michigan last night. I work out of my mini van, gonna have to shorten my route.

NMG

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

R 8.67 per litre. There are 4 litres to a US gallon so:

R 8.67 x 4 = R 34.68 divide into dollars = $4.39 per gallon.

and GBP2.22

Now you must know that South Africans are SUFFERING especially as many many homes only take home a wage of R 2000 - R 4000 a month which is $ 253.15 - 506.30. So the above prices is far too high for them and considering fuel effects food / transport prices - they can't live a decent life

• Mary
    Mary

$1.09/litre........what is that in gallons??

• greendawn
    greendawn

Paradoxically diesel in the UK is more expensive than unleaded petrol (leaded doesn't exist anymore in the EU)the same as in several other EU countries yet in some other it is cheaper, as it should be. Eg in nearby countries this week petrol/diesel in Euro per litre: France 1.32/1.18, Belgium 1.44/1.15, Holland 1.53/1.22 Germany 1.36/1.25.

• greendawn
    greendawn

1 US gallon = 3.79 litres and £1 = $2.00, so for one US gallon at £1.09 per litre it works out at (3.79 x 2.00 x 1.09) $8.25.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Around $3.45 a gallon (at least I can pedal my bike right past the pumps no matter how high the prices go).

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

indiana=$3.45 for 87 but I only use shell v-power because it doesn't contain ethanol(do some research ethanol kills gas mileage) and it's $3.65. interesting price check, gas in venezuela is on $0.12 a gallon!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Last night, $3.65 a gallon in northern San Diego county.

I mostly ride my bike during the week and drive on weekend excursions, so I pay about $20-30 a week for petrol.

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

Just filled up today. $3.36 Oregon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit