JWs drink too much and the women are floozies

by easyreader1970 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I remember, growing up, that my mom would sew a bit, using patterns from a company called "simplicity."

I think the WTB&TS has found a niche publishing market for their line of "simpleton" fashions.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Also, if you have a drink before trying to teach someone the Bible, then that's just as bad as drinking and driving.

Can you imagine NOT drinking before you taught "What Does the Bible Really Teach" to some poor innocent victim?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is only one instance where drinking before teaching the Bible is as bad as drinking and driving. If you have to drive to get to that call, and you have been drinking before making that trip, you are drinking and driving. Other than that, I think they ought to take a look at the humanoid that made so many of the doctrines they are teaching today--he was drinking before making the crap that you are supposed to teach people.

• MissingLink
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome.

One woman gave an experience that she had to sew all her own dresses to make them match what the Society deemed as modest.

Why do they always have this experience. There must be one sister that travels from assembly to assembly giving the same stupid experience.

My ex-wife followed this advice, or at least she attempted. She would buy all the material, patterns, and other necessary items. Spend more that an off-the-shelf dress would cost. Then, never finish the dress and end up buying a dress anyways.

F#$% them and their stupid advice.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"Satan pioneered chat rooms"

After Al Gore invented the Internet, I'm not surprised that Satan wanted a piece of the action.

"One woman gave an experience that she had to sew all her own dresses "

I am surprised that they allowed a sister to stand up and say that she sews clothes - sewing is a time consuming hobby. In the 80s in the congregation I attended, sewing was kind of a fad with the sisters, and I remember personally being counseled by an elder's wife about not spending time sewing. She told me that she buys all her clothes and that allows her to spend more time in field service.

Thanks for your report.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

So does that mean G-Strings are out?

ha ha
    hope4others

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Learn to sew, you lazy hooker.

Thanks for the laughs and welcome to the board!

One woman gave an experience that she had to sew all her own dresses to make them match what the Society deemed as modest.

Right out of the box, this is pure BS, unless the only store in her town is Frederick's of Hollywood.

• loosie
    loosie
    Trying to lure current Witnesses away from the Truth and to involve them in illicit sex

I didn't know that was the purpost of apostates on myspace.

They also said that Satan pioneered chat rooms

I thought that was Al Gore

Learn to sew, you lazy hooker

LOL

WOW just like the menonites do. There dresses are so modest that you can't fidn anything like themin the stores. Even grannies won't wear ugly dresses like these. I swear they all use the same pattern.

• caliber
    caliber
    the 1940s expression 'biblical neckline' was a euphemistic sexual slang term for a low neckline (a pun on the 'lo and behold' expression found in the bible).

just a little humorous trivia

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit