JWs drink too much and the women are floozies

by easyreader1970 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I posted this over at Paradise Cafe but I thought I would share it with you folks as well: We had the special two day assembly this past weekend. Most of presentation was fairly tame. On Saturday they did have a few special attacks. 1. Television. Apparently way too many hours are spent watching television by Witnesses these days, especially reality TV. Yes, they named that specifically. They also pegged Law and Order by name. I don't know if that was actually part of the outline or if the speaker just pulled that show out of the side of his neck. Basically, JWs should not be entertained by police dramas because, you know, it's wrong. And as for reality television, it's nothing but sex and bad behavior. (Does this rule out Iron Chef?) They also went after music videos. They're bad. Okay, not all of them are bad but even if there are decent ones, there will be commercials on between them that are bad. So, yeah, stop watching them. 2. Internet. They specifically targeted myspace on this part and other community sites like it. Witnesses should not be using myspace, even if they think they are talking to other witnesses. Why? Because the person who says that he or she is a Witness may not be. He may be a former Witness. What is a former Witness doing on myspace? Trying to lure current Witnesses away from the Truth and to involve them in illicit sex. Because that, apparently, is all former Witnesses know how to do--fornicate. They also said that Satan pioneered chat rooms. I did not make that up. Once again, I don't know if that whole "Satan is responsible for chat rooms" is a direct quote from the Society or if the speaker postulated that on his own. 3. Drinking. They spent longer on this than pretty much every other topic. It seems that there are a great many "casual drinkers" in the Organization that may in reality be a bit more than casual. The theme seemed to be that people need to know when to quit. Also, if you have a drink before trying to teach someone the Bible, then that's just as bad as drinking and driving. Yep. Buckle up. 4. Modest Dress. They spent a good while on this one, too, with a few experiences. From listening to this part, one would draw the conclusion that a large number of JW women are dressing like hookers. They really didn't spend any time on the males except to make a quick and vague reference to the young urban boys who want to dress with the long t-shirts and pants hanging low. 90% of this part had to do with high skirts and plunging necklines. Curves and skin. What is that you say? That is the only type of clothing that the stores are selling? Evidently this is a common excuse, and it must be valid because I myself have heard it several times. The Society's response? Learn to sew, you lazy hooker. One woman gave an experience that she had to sew all her own dresses to make them match what the Society deemed as modest.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe the WT will move its farm to the cotton fields so you ladies can weave your own fabrics!

Maybe someone will start a JW fashion line for KH attendance? And an underwear line for those sisters going knickerless in the hot weather?

And of course exJWs want illicit sex - what else could replace the orgasmic JW experience? We need as much as we can get!

Ladies - please all show us yer Homers Doughnuts - bring it on!! Doooooooooo!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Sew? They want sisters to sew? So whose gonna by the machine, send me to lessons, cos I can just about put a button on... Pay for material ----------- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah they really are a pathetic religion

• dinah
    dinah

Satan is responsible for chat rooms??

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather fornicate than go out and spread the cancer. I see nothing wrong with fornication, and especially compared to supporting a religion that has its eyes in starting the Second Dark Ages for all the world (already, they have their own members there and are suing to keep critical information off the Internet).

Learning to sew? Not such a bad idea, except for "our time is for field circus". To make a modest dress, one has to have the materials. You also need a decent machine (OK, a needle and thread will do, but it is going to take much longer to complete the garment). It takes practice to learn to sew effectively (the first attempts are always going to have mistakes, for which Brother Hounder is going to have something to say). By the time you get decent at sewing, it takes at least 40 or 50 hours of practice (and then it can take a day to make the dress and get it right). And that's time that "should have been spent saving lives".

The Internet? Chat rooms from the Devil? Reality TV? I cannot figure out what's wrong with anything that has references to normal human activity, except that it takes time away from studying the latest John class or whatever crap the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger put out and from going out in field circus.

Drinking is what most of them do best. In fact, the stress of being a witless often drives people to drink. Quite a few people actually drink less once they leave the cancer than they did while they were in, for just that reason. Others have become full blown alcoholics while in. A prime example of that is Joseph Booze Rutherford.

All they want is for people to be uneducated robots living in the Second Dark Ages, miserable (but looking and acting happy), bringing everyone on the planet into the cancer, and repressing all normal human feelings and redirecting them into promoting the cancer. If everyone did that, pretty soon the whole world would be serfs under the Lords at the top of the Watchtower Society, just like in the First Dark Ages.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Apple bottom jeansss, boots with the furrrrrr...... Now that is what I want to see at the ASSembly!

Actually I have heard the drinking one before at a DA. It was told if you have just one drink every night before you go to bed then your an alcoholic and there is no way to argue out of it.I think the Myspace thing is funny, I heard of an account in Florida where an Elder was posing as a JW trying to trick them in to confessing things to him! Watch out for those JW's pretending to be young boys trying to find out bad things about you!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I remember assemblies like that against T.V. school sports, length of the skirt, color of the tie. Glad they have STARTED warning against the booze, because if you take that away from many of them,they are lost little wolves, My heart aches for them ....

• carla
    carla

One glass of red wine a day is good for you! No wonder my jw keeps complaining about time child spends on the computer, if he would take 5 seconds and actually see what child is doing he would discover child is doing homework! and practice pages suggested by teacher!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Haha I wonder if they used my example for the Myspace thing. I posted a myspace blog and it circulated like wild fire among JW's. My brother even got some anonymous email saying that he shouldn't listen to what I have to say over myspace. WTF?? Of course to some idiot non technological JW they probably think that just by blogging I am out looking for young JW's to trap!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Yeah burger time - that idea of private surveillance on youngsters - or anyone - for their leaders to then get you shunned by family etc. unless you step in line with all they say - what massive control tactics they employ! It forces people to behave like they are under cover in their own lives and then become paranoid and likely do things under stress they ordinarily would have a clearer thinking perspective over!

Their whole aura sucks!! It's a high control - happy if you're in control religion, bullying the rank and file!

It's sickening to imagine how some are silently destroyed inside their souls by WT regime under the false command of a false god!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit