Being a Jehovah's Witness Can Make You Fat

by WTWizard 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

Well, I have beeen to get-togethers (They have a lot) where there is soooo much horrible, fattening food, and then they all sit around and talk and eat some more, and then comes 50 or more desserts (Everyone brings something). It would make anyone feel bloated! I know they think they are walking it off, but they walk at such a slow pace. Unless, that's only in Florida. Imagine in Missouri, where that state has the honor of being the state with the most obese people in the U.S.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The same reasons WTWizard had were the reason for my weight gain. I lost fortyfive pounds once I quit!

Isaac Carmignani

http://isaaccarmignani.blogspot.com/

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Uh...the same argument could be made that being a JW makes you loose weight. It's all in the person. Had you not been lazy and just kept up a routine anyways you would not have gained weight.

edited to add:

I guess I am the only one who went to a hall that encouraged physical activity. We did Basketball, softball and football almost every weekend. There weren't many lardasses in the hall and my Dad walked every morning BEFORE field service.

• megaflower
    megaflower

My husband is a runner and when I say runner I mean FAST. He was ranked as one of the top runners in all of new england and had many times that where records. When we both became JW's they tried to get him to stop. They frowned on his physical fitness not to mentioned the track meets took up some time that they thought should have gone to field service. Well, Iam happy to say we are both trim, athletes and Free from the cult.

• XOCO
    XOCO

It's funny because all the overweight or obese folks should be disfellowshiped for GLUTNY!!!

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Oh boy, have you hit on a sore spot with me. I truly believe that the Watchtower is fully responsible for my battle with weight now. Granted, they didn't make me eat at McD's but...

I was a pioneer for six years and everyday I probably had about 80 to 120 ounces of soda pop per day. Not to mention chips, candy and fast food on a daily basis. Then you sit in a car for 5 to 6 hours per day. Forget door to door. You drive across the territory to find return visits that for some reason when you get there you are not prepared for, so, you drive another hour to get to the next one.

Even after pioneering, the only reason I wanted to go out on Saturday mornings was because I really wanted to stop for break and have a doughnut and coffee.

Being a JW makes you a glutonous slob. Now, to try and change all of the horrible habits that were developed. Not to mention mending the damage you have done to your body internally.

sheri

• Casper
    Casper

I agree... after I faded, I lost 30 pounds. No more stopping for fast food and doughnuts 3 to 4 times a week. I started walking 3 miles a day, 5 times a week... because I finally had the time, and the "Mental Motivation" to do it. It was "Fantastic"....

Cas

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I have "bought out the opportune time" to exercise at the local gym three to four times a week. Where did I find the time? You guessed it! And yes, I have my weight down to where it ought to be.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Hey WTWizard - I don't know if you heard about the supposed "obesity crackdown" anywhere other than my thread about the A$$embly, but I didn't really get the impression that they were preparing for a big crackdown on obesity. It was more of a tool used to gain obedience - "if you're obese, you're a glutton and god hates you, so you better do as we say to avoid dying at Armageddon."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got that from a couple of other sources (including a thread where a hounder-hounder came and ordered one hounder to reduce from a size 52 to a 46). I believe the intended purpose is to put a stop to those coffee and doughnut breaks that are wasting time that otherwise could be used to screech around and find other people to coerce and defraud into the cancer.

It has to be so, since they are not effective at losing weight (except for extreme cases where someone goes from sitting in front of the TV with a bowl of ice cream or nachos, pizza, and wings all day to going out in field circus all day). Most people cannot lose weight while out in field circus since there is no time to work out or do long steady walking. But, it can provide a disincentive for stopping at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, since they will get fatter on that stuff and then have to answer to Brother Hounder. All to squeeze a few more minutes of field circus out of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit