FW: WHAT A SISITER SACRIFICED TO SERVE JEHOVAH

by moomanchu 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    wasn't, by any chance, an elderette who sent you that?

It was my cousin who is/was (I almost convinced her to stop) studying who sent it to me.

She recieved it from the sister who is studying with her, probably was an elderette.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    what did he have to sacrifice to get out?

His price to pay was the chopping off of his manhood. Since he waited until he was already a useless, limp old man, he lost nothing.....Wise old man...LOL

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'd like to hum a few bars of the b***s**t song, then go on to ask what kind of god wants and indeed expects his chosen people to go through such torture. What kind of god? A really fucking evil god, that's what kind of god.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

I actually heard this experiance read at a convention a few years ago. I guess the speaker had e-mail too...

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I was thinking about Urban Legends and looked up this story.

While it may be true that this man was part of a Japanese Mafia of whatever name.

and it may be true that he was a harsh man and that mafia mains people.

and it may be true that this man had a daughter that was asked to study.

What I call BS on is this part:

"the price that she would have to pay in order to study would be to have one of her fingers cut off. She tried to reason with him but soon realized that this would be the only way she would be able to study. So, she agreed! He had the first finger of the right hand cut off. She began her study."

Picture this: She tells the sister who wants to study with her that those are the terms, and the sister agrees? and says "when and where can you study"???????? Really? The sister is even more cruel than the father.

Even if she did not tell those terms to the sister and then started to study, the sister would have seen the finger cut off and said "what happened?" After hearing the story, a sister would have insisted that she move out and live with her. Instead she invites her to the meetings and accepts getting another finger cut off?

she progressed to the point of baptism. The scenario was the same as before. He told her that she knew the price, and the ring finger of the same hand was cut off. Yet, she was grateful to Jehovah for allowing her to be baptized, and gave no thought to the sacrifice she made."

And the sister and the elders gave no thought to it either and allowed it? Just to get an increase in the baptism number and publisher number. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

Whatever happened to people hiding Witnesses in the attics and other hideouts in Nazi times and other persecution? But they allow this woman to go through that unnecessarily? She didn't have to tell her father anything.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have heard this at conventions before... Now I think how incredibly sad, if this is a true story, if she learnt TTATT

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

No way this story is true - it is a patent fabrication - you can see that from the structure of the story. Also the Yakuza (the Japanese mafia) expect junior members to cut off fingers if they make a mistake as a sign of atonement. It is highly doubtful this would apply to a family member. It is a powerful story of sacrifice, martyrdom and reward but is nothing more than a story. So manipulative!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If this story was repeated at conventions it tells how low the standards are, no vetting, no fact checking, just pass along any thing that sounds good, never mind that it is pure fiction.

If you believe that, come back to the next convention, and hear about the brother that adopted a chihuahua from Mexico that turned out to be a rat, but it's all good, he gave an excellent witness to the veterinarian, who accepted a bible study!

Also, coming to a convention near you, the story of the householder that had a nest of spiders in her bee hive hairdo. If not for the quick actions of the sisters who happened to be at her door she might have died. She was so grateful she accepted the magazine's and is now a return visit!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Never made it to any year book-- not that the year book has high standards---, but at least it confirms that it is fiction. As someone else said, even if it true, it only proves how mentally messed up some converts are.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I heard this at my last convention, two years ago. Sounded idiotic then and more so now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit