MrsJones' Mother wants to have her cake...

by mrsjones5 11 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

and eat it too.

Ok today I'm getting ready to take my husband to an appointment and I check my iPhone, which had been charging, low and behold I have a call from my mother. I call her back and she says what she wasn't calling for any particular reason but then goes on the mention that my sister had called earlier and wished her a happy birthday and even though she doesn't celebrate birthdays she was quite pleased that my sister did call and acknowledged her birthday.

I told my dear mother that it had crossed my mind to call her to day because of her birthday but since she doesn't celebrate it I thought it would be more prudent not to call today but to wait til tomorrow as that I would not offend.

My dear hubby says we should have the kids call and wish my mother a happy birthday....I'm not going to bother.

Josie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yep msJ, she sounds like she had bit of a passive aggressive spell there.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Next year throw her a surprise b-day party.

• flipper
    flipper

MRS. JONES - Is this the same kind of thing as being " damned if you do, damned if you don't " type thing ? What does mom expect anyway ? Good luck with it

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Is this the same kind of thing as being " damned if you do, damned if you don't " type thing ?

Yep, best thing to do is to just ignore it. But I do like the surprise birthday idea.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Just my two cents, but I think you did the right thing in deciding not to call her with happy birthday wishes, mrs. jones. But, your title thread suggests that you have real issues with her. Whatever grudge or animosity you are holding toward her, I say let it go. If she takes the initiative to call you, I say view it as an opportunity to re establish a relationship/and or communication. Just because you two don't agree on religion doesn't mean you cannot have a good relationship...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Actually we had a very good relationship. It has it's ups and downs, there are few mother/daughter relationships that don't. I continually find it funny that my mother cares about her birthday, especially now that she's trying so hard to be strong in the "truth" and is aux pioneering for the next few months. I been through worst with my mother, this is small cookies and slightly amusing.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But thanks for the concern OFR

• BFD
    BFD

I usually call my mom on her birthday although I did pass on it this year.

I just call and say Oh Happy Day. She would giggle make some snide remark.

BFD

• sf
    sf

Does she/ has she EVER called on either one of yourself, kids or husbands bday to wish them a wonderful BIRTHday?

{{{ hugs to all }}}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit