Feeling numb

by daniella 32 Replies latest social relationships

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

He is a crazy dill hole. You need to delete him from your life. Then you need to talk with a mental help professional about why you would even choose such a man, if you don't heal that issue your next guy will be worse.

You could probably do some of that work towards healing yourself. Take a pice of paper and write on it a list of traits you think are healthy for a man to exhibit in a relationship. Take another and write the unhealthy list. Maybe show these to a therapist or clsoe friend who shows good judgement. Then post the good list on your fridge or where you'll see it every day.

You sound so smart and inteligent, I can't wrap my brain around how you wound up with the Cocoa Puff bird on crack.

My sister is in an abusive addictive phase right now. Currently her dill hole is in jail, and she is in Tacoma, but she continually makes bad choices that lock her in more. That is why I say you need to fix or even just become aware of the underlying emotional issue that leads you to this. Her pattern was of choosing worse and worse guys, until she found this one who physically beats her. When she gets away from him I used to hope that she finially "got it" and learned the lesson, but I've stopped holding my breath and running to her aid everytime she says boo-hoo.

I feel sympathy for you, I just hope that you can get the help you need to end the cycle that your parents started teaching you.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I just thought he was nuts and told him so.

You yourself said it. You've got the answer you are seeking. PAY ATTENTION to your gut and get the hell out of the relationship.

I read all of your advice, and I know it is good advice, and I agree with it, but then I don't follow it. I start counseling, but then stop once I think I'm "better." But then he calls, and it starts all over again. Please don't even bother responding because at this point I think I am just a lost cause. I know right from wrong and am still choosing the wrong thing.

Well, winners run with winners and losers run with losers. What is he, a winner or a loser? What are you?

PAY ATTENTION.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Daniella, he sucks! What I would like to know is....

How do repugnant assholes like your exboyfriend get sweet, attractive, intelligent women to spend so much time and money on them? Even though you're the one in school and on a tight budget, you spent money on plane tickets to see him! Hell, most men can't get a woman to bring them a beer from the refrigerator much less travel across the country to see them!

Forget about him. My advice is to immerse yourself in your studies and totally tune him out. Change your cellphone number and email address if you have to. It will get better. If you meet a nice guy in the meantime, go for it. It may hurt for a little while getting over the whole thing, but it will hurt the rest of your life if you get stuck with that guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit