Special talk awesome! How could I have been so blind?

by IMustBreakAway 19 Replies latest social humour

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Listening to the special talk this Sunday really put things into perspective for me. See “man’s” governments have failed because every five seconds a baby dies.
    But Jebus’s Government which was established in 1914, wait… It was established in 1914? Are you sure? I mean cause that’s a hundred years ago. So.. every 5 seconds a baby still dies even though Jebus has been ruling for 100 years?
    Ok..
    See here is what really happened. After kicking Stan out of heave Jebus and Paul went on kind of a bender in New York. They got some more Jewish girls pregnant, and when Jebus went to inspect the churches of the day in 1918 he was still a little hung over. Considering the extent of the bender it isn’t a surprise that now a hundred years into his reign as king he is still sleeping it off.
    I’m sure he will get his but in gear soon though cause he only has 900 years left.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

they sure took great pains not to mention the current theocracies out there. If any of those governing body goons came into power their state would mirror Iran to a "T".

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    After kicking Stan out of heave

STAN!!! LMFreakinAO!! Thats so funny.

You know its going to be 1914's 100th birthday soon. Surely they are going to have a centenary edition of the WitchTower? Maybe the Queen will send it a telegram.

(Stan.... belly laughs....)

• blondie
    blondie

Was the special talk 1/2 hour long?

• nbernat
    nbernat

Yes it was. And so absurd.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've predicted for a long time that 2014 will be a huge hit for the witnesses.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

2014... only SIX more years! Better go stock up on canned goods and whisky....

• blondie
    blondie

But didn't Jesus start ruling in 33 CE over the Christian congregation? How many jws reflect that in their lives today? Until 1943 the WTS taught that

*** jv chap. 28 p. 632 Testing and Sifting From Within ***Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King.

Jesus presence started in 1874 and that he didn't become king until 1878....hmmmm?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Better go stock up on canned goods and whisky....

Ok, now what?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here was the highlight I carried away from the "special" talk.

The speaker chose to have us look up Ps 2:12 and read the whole verse.

"Kiss the son, that He may not become incensed
    And you may not perish [from] the way.
    For his anger flares up easily.Happy are all those taking refuge in him."

BTW, the speaker made it clear that the "son" is Jesus and "He" is Jehovah.

Question for JWs:

Would you say that Jehovah is "slow to anger"?

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit