You might be a JW if...

by Seven 54 Replies latest social humour

• JAVA
    JAVA

You might be a JW if you work at assemblies in order to avoid the boring programs. I did this at most assemblies until I realized I didn't have to go in the first place.

You might be a JW if it's a sin to vote for school levies while complaining about poor conditions in the class rooms. Many school buildings in our area needed repairs when my daughter started school. For example, teachers routinely cleaned plaster from classroom desks before the students arrived. Several school levies failed by a few hundred votes, so I voted when the levy came up again. My spouse found out I voted when candidate information was sent to our home with my name on it, and reported this to the elders. I had not attended meetings for a few years, and never received a "shepherding call." However, the elders were concerned about "keeping the congregation clean," and were at my door within hours after the tip. One elder said, "Some in the congregation still speak well of you, and we don't want them to be misled."

I sit back today and wonder, was I really part of that crazy group?

• larc
    larc

Happy trials to you...until we meet again.

• jelly
    jelly

Thats very funny Simon

Jelly

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

Girl, you are so right.

Yes, I remember and went on with my life.

Somethings I just DO NOT letitems stay with my mind very long. Especially if I see no real reasoning behind it.

Your thought was one such reasoning.

DA

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

True Story:

back in 1987-88 there was a couple in the hall i attended that had been courting for about 2-3 years.

about 5 years later they divorced on grounds of adultery. . . .

he remained active and she was df'd. . .

he needed a flatmate and so did i, so we shared one for about a year. . .

mind you, we had been friends since childhood so we knew each other fairly well and had spent most of our youths, in the same congregation. . . .

one day we are home having a few beers and we are talking about life and such, when he decides to share that during the time of his courtship, his girlfriend and he engaged in anal sex so she would reamain a virgin until marriage. . .

i share this because you might be a witness if you can relate to this justification. . . .

apologies to those offended
    CHUCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit