What was the first album you ever bought? And what form did it come in?

by JimmyPage 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Mine was Men at Work's "Business as Usual". On vinyl. And my dad read all the lyrics on the sleeve to make sure it wasn't too evil.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Mine was Introducing the Beatles. I bought it from Giant Tiger in Cleveland on Brook Park Road. I was 12 years old. It was vinyl.

• brinjen
    brinjen

My first album was Madonna's self-titled album (later re-released as 'The First Album' with a different cover and re-mix of the song 'Burning Up'), on vinyl. I wanted to get 'Like A Virgin' but my mother wouldn't let me. Had a hard enough time convincing her the self-titled one wouldn't be inviting demons into the house.

alt

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

First album I bought in June 1984...actually I bought two at the same time, "Wham! - Make It Big" and "The Jacksons - Victory". Please don't tease me! I was only 13 at the time! lol I got those on cassette tape. I was already getting singles in vinyl, including those by Duran Duran and the Eurythmics. The first CD I got was "Duran Duran - Rio" in February 1985.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This was mine (in vinyl, of course) from the early 1970's:

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

My first Album was Discovery by ELO. It was on vinyl. It was bought for the track the diary of Horice wimp.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bsrdydUvLOE

• Gopher
    Gopher

Peppermint -- ELO was my favorite band !! I have lots of their albums on vinyl (and a "best of" cassette tape).

Here's your link made clickable for Horace Wimp: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bsrdydUvLOE

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Thanks Gopher - They still sound excellent but look just a tad dated. but who cares.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Meco - Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk. I got it on vinyl, this was 1976 or 1977.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

My first album, on vinyl, was by an artist called Melanie, who had once had a popular song called "Brand New Key", and other hits from the Woodstock era including "Lay Down (Candles in the Rain).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit