What was the first album you ever bought? And what form did it come in?

by JimmyPage 37 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

My mum bought Abba's 'Arrival' on cassette, I was about 8 years old when I 'discovered' it. Wore it out. Still a good album by todays standards too.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Rattus Norvegicus - The Stranglers IV I was an unusually untrendy 14 year old. I wore the first album out and I have since found a mint pressing to wear out again. (Liberation for women, that's what I preach...preacher maaaan)

• knock knock
    knock knock

My older brother was the music buyer in our family so basically I just stole stuff from him. I paid for it in punches and verbal abuse though.

It seems to me that the first 45rpm I bought was Sky Pilot by the Animals. Hard to remember SOOOOOOO far back. Have no idea how that one escaped the family censor either. I think the first actual album was the Stones live "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out". Loved it then, love it now.

Some of you sound like my brother in that you remember clearly when and where you bought things. Kind of creepy if you aks me. lol

• SPAZnik
  • R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Blondie parallel lines !

That was it for a couple of years till I got an Elvis collection one Christmas!

I still hadn't played each LP before several were deeply sartched after next sis sneaked them to a party of hers whilst I worked nights!

And she still denied it weeks later!

Great to have solidarity!

• JK666
    JK666

I was a pretty cool little JW kid. I was 6 years old, and bought Louie, Louie by The Kingsmen. On vinyl, in Mono. (way back in the day)

JK

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

damn JK, that iz cool. ;)

• RR
    RR

Steppenwolf's first album was my first, that my dad bought for me at the E.J. Korvettes department store.

However, the first album I bought with my own money was KISS' Dress to Kill

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit