What was the first album you ever bought? And what form did it come in?

by JimmyPage 37 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Duran Duran - Rio LP vinyl record from the Columbia House record and tape club. I think the second one was Yes 90125, also on vinyl. I still love to listen to Yes.

Dave

• watson
    watson

Paper route money: "Let It Be" 1970.

"I Dig A Pony!" Oh yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJn9RLhMmk

• Renegade
    Renegade

I haven't bought an album as of yet. My Dad just seems to have every album I could ever want in his C-D rack so I borrow them and copy them onto my media player. My Mum (PoppyR) says the first album she bought was one by Nik Kershaw but she can't remember the name of the actual album. She thinks it might have been called 'Human Racing'.

• flipper
    flipper

JIMMY PAGE - How ironic you would ask ? Led Zeppelin 4 - with Stairway to Heaven was my first album I bought at age 13 ! Collecting vinyl and CD's has been a life long hobby since ! Can you imagine listening to " Black Dog " at age 13 on my headphones with my elder dad walking in looking at me rocking out to the lyrics , " Say hey mama say the way you groove, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove ! " LOL! Little did he know what I was listening to ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

First LP:

First Cassette tape:

First CD:

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I can't remember what my first CD was. I think it may have been this one:

Metallica was the ultimate cult band back in 1986. They weren't on MTV or on the radio, and yet they were so so much better than anything else that was out there, and their popularity spread by word-of-mouth and nothign else. I worshipped them, seriously.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't remember which actually came first but among them were these:

8-Tracks: Frampton Comes Alive, Boston, Eagles Hotel California, Springsteen Born to Run

LP: Jackson Browne Running On Empty, Billy Joel The Stranger, Fleetwood Mac Rumours

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The Song remains The Same by Led Zeppelin....on Vinyl

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

My first album was by Don Williams, i wore it out.

Thr first album i burned was Queens "The game" because we heard it had demon voices on it.

Unfortuantely when we burned it, it flamed up quickly and easily, and even though we leaned very close, we could not hear any demons screaming.

I was extremely disappointed, I had just forked out 12 bucks for it!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

alt

I think it was in 1976 at the time. I was living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia at the time and it was on cassette as they were the more popular music format there at the time.

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit