What Does An Ultimately Cruel Universe Reveal About God?

by hamilcarr 88 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

perry,

Ever heard of the word 'quote'?

real one,

if someone were to come back from the dead that they know and tell them about God they still would not believe!

I'm not so sure about that.

perry,

That was a quote.

• Gopher
    Gopher

REAL ONE said that unbelievers don't "understand". Hogwash. This is tantamount to saying ex-JW's don't understand JW's. Actually ex-JW's understand JW's better than JW's do.

As a former believer and now atheist, I have seen and can understand both points of view. Instead of making me ignorant as Real One implies, that actually makes me more open-minded.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    This is tantamount to saying ex-JW's don't understand JW's. Actually ex-JW's understand JW's better than JW's do.

Good point Gopher. Most non-believers on JWD have been believers whereas most believers haven't been non-believers. The JW comparison illustrates the difference in open-mindedness perfectly. Seems like double standards are used.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    As a former believer and now atheist,

I would have to say that's questionable.

• Perry
    Perry

perry,

Ever heard of the word 'quote'?

hamilcarr,

Are you actually going to sit there and try to tell me that you never wanted answers to the questions that you started this thread with simply because you copied them from someone else?

Do you expect me to believe this?

• Perry
    Perry

I gotta go folks.... I'm not going to waste my time on a thread about God where people then change their mind in mid-discussion and assume that he doesn't exist, even though the original question that prompted people to comment here did just the opposite.

Enjoyed it while it lasted. Everyone have a good day!

• Sirona
    Sirona

This is why I believe in God but reject the Christian / Biblical concept of God.

I've had too many experiences which could be termed "spiritual" to reject the idea of something beyond what has been scientifically proven. This something extra - this is what I choose to call God. I could just as easily call it "the One" or "the All".

Just an idea but:

Imagine the universe as a human body. The brain and emotions are "god", the body is the material universe and the minute organisms which live upon the body is life. God (the brain) consciously looks after the body (feeding it, expelling waste, influencing its growth or lack of growth) but God is pretty much oblivious to the bacteria and other organisms which are microscopically existing upon the body. The way the bacteria survive or don't survive depends on the function of the bacteria and whether they exist in harmony with the overall body.

Or something like that...

lol

Sirona

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I gotta go folks.... I'm not going to waste my time on a thread about God where people then change their mind in mid-discussion and assume that he doesn't exist, even though the original question that prompted people to comment here did just the opposite.

Enjoyed it while it lasted. Everyone have a good day!

Why are always the christians leaving in mid-discussion (that's my experience at least)? Do they become scared or something, finally finding out they are spinning wheels, failing to come to the point? It's like the JWs leaving when they come across someone well-versed in the scriptures and then saying he was Satan's tool.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Sirona,

I really appreciate your posts

H.

• 5go
    5go
    Deputy Dog, i agree. but only believers will understand this. That's why these people have so many problems with God. They don't believe. and like Jesus said if someone were to come back from the dead that they know and tell them about God they still would not believe!

People come back from the dead all the time. The problem is some say they saw Allah while they were dead. So does that prove Allah exists?

BTW Perry you totally ignored a simple question if I can provide return letters from Santa Claus does that prove he exists?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit