HAIRSTYLES IN KH

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

Are you looking for a new one for yourself or....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Be careful.

Hairstyles exemplify your heart condition in the spiritual paradise.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

No "external braiding of the hair".

Remember the WT that suggested shaved heads would be misconstrued as making a political statement? (I assume they meant punks & skinheads) Too bad if you had cancer or alopecia.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Here's an idea:

A sideways mohawk, and an Amish beard. That way you could have a circle of hair. If you're a redhead you could say you're a flaming wheel from Ezekiel.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I haven't been in the Borg for 25 years so not sure of the hairstyles allowed or what is in. Reading about the Bethel dress code I hate to ask but probably for women it would be something boring.

My Mom a witness who followed the Watchtower advice to the letter always had short hair and a neat perm all the time. All the sisters in her congregation seemed to have the same thing that I noticed short and neat and permed., I got another glimpse of the women in her congregation when my Mom was dying a little over a year ago. The men all had the same clean cut short hair.

When I was in again after being reinstated as an adult and obeying the Watchtower rules I had long dark straight hair to my waist and I was criticized for it, too sexy my Mom said and the elders were frowning at me, you must put it up in braid or bun or cut it off, I did at one point and hated how I looked. Now that I am out, to this day I refuse to cut my hair short and I am sure its in rebellion of this Hair style rule they had.

When I was a teenager there was this special pioneer couple who came to our small town to serve with us. She was this beautiful 21 year old Irish girl with a domineering Italian background husband from Toronto Ontario. What a sweet innocent lovely girl she was. She had gorgeous long thick hair to her waist, I was 12 and I just thought she was so beautiful. My Dad as the Elder heard that the men she encountered in field service were listening to her and of course oggling her when she went out in service. She had long conversations and lots of publication placements. So my Dad gave the word that she must always wear her hair up when in field service or at the meetings. This was announced from the platform no less. This is NO JOKE, It so sticks out in my mind when you asked about hair. II hate the control the Watchtower has over their members in such personal matters as to how you wish to wear your hair. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

so what kind of hairstyles are in the Kingdom hall now............?????

• megaflower
    megaflower

I found for the most part the women are like "stepford wives. They all look pretty much the same. The hair is very basic. They allow the young girls(teens and younger) to have longish hair. It seems the older you get the shorter the hair gets. The ones in 40's and 50's have really short hair( ears show)

• erandir
    erandir

About three years ago, we had a talk at the hall concerning hairstyles after the CO's visit. We were told to look at the pictures in the publications and emulate those hairstyles. No spiked hair is allowed in our hall for those who serve in "priveleged" positions.

• OnTheWayOut
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

I pretty much did want I wanted with my hair! I had pink "feathers", I had blue streaks, used to braid my hair, curled it, stuck it up, wore pigtails - you name it I did it. And I wasn't allowed to get baptised when I was younger because I had it curled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit