Worst Kingdom Melody lyrics- your votes?

by JimmyPage 74 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

12 and 41 were not that bad............

I always liked the ones that ...well, the last note of the measure could in NO way fit the sound of the last word of the lyric in that measure.

There were a few like that... but I am really trying to forget any and all of them.

Hill

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My all-time favorite had to be song 23. There was a line that went "Raise yourselves erect, you have nothing to fear." When I was a teenager, my friends and I would crack up laughing every time we heard it.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Love's Excelling Way"

God is love, and therfore bids us,

walk in love's excelling way.

Change the sense stress just a smidge and you have:

God is love, and there FORBIDS us, ......

om

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

didn't every hall have a few sisters who thought they were excellent singers? only they all sounded like dogs needing to be put out of their agony

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Any and every song from the new Sing Lullaby's to Jehovah book.... every song is soo monotone. Todays one USED to be one of the peppier songs and everyone automaticly got into the old zippy rythim.. WHOOPS...it's now sloooooooow and boring. I am anxiously awaiting the day someone falls asleep and falls over while singing. LOL

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

dark days are here men live in fear with dire expectations as to all creations. but the bible gives us la la lala. these songs are soo terrible its hard to believe that anyone could feel inspired. they were disturbing!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes nancy drew,,,, YES! THAT IS THE WORST ONE... I'M NOT SHOUTING, JUST ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS!

• cofty
    cofty

When I was still an active elder my wife and I were at house of friends and we made up lyrics to that song something like..."Out in the world they're all dying of Aids; But in the truth we have reason for cheer ...." At the very next meeting it was one of the scheduled songs. All four of us were almost in tears trying to contain giggles like naughty children

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I remember from a time back that someone posted a link to a site that had the Kingdom melodies and then it had the songs that they had copited their melodies from and made up their own words..I wish I still had it.

And in reading some info inspired by the Rutherford post, I read that singing hymns had actually been outlawed for some years before Rutherford died and eventually brought back after his death with the printing of the Kingdom Melodies of Jehovahs Witnesses.

Refer [8][9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Franklin_Rutherford

Snoozy

• Edington
    Edington

What about the song with the lyrics 'Vigour & Vim'..................these are 2 cleaning products in the UK.

Also the one that says.....'In integrity I've trod'..................better look for something to scrape it off your shoe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit