Worst Kingdom Melody lyrics- your votes?

by JimmyPage 74 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My votes for worst Kingdom Melody lyrics: Song 125- "Jehovah Is On My Side" (try singing these lyrics without laughing like Beavis and Butthead): "I know that in this crucial hour my faith will yet be tested/ Around me swarms the Devil's crowd like bees that were molested/ But I can ever beat them off beneath divine protection/ On those who love to bear his name God sets his deep affection." Or how about Song 201- "Rejoicing With God's Nation" (grab your thesaurus for this one): "In a land so good and spacious/ Free from strife and things vexatious/ Look! A happy crowd vivacious/ In God's service that is efficacious." What are some of your favorites?

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Here is a really bad one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAQoA8b2I0Y

I wonder why Babylon the Great has the best music

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"we're Jehovah's Witnesses"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Try these (and get ready for the puke)--

Song 8: Loyal Submission In Recognition
    This To Our God We Owe.

Song 16: Be Joyful--Be Happy
    (in other words, look and act joyful; look and act happy).

Song 18: God Bless Our Christian Brotherhood

Song 222: Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

Song 114: Come And Take Life's Water Free (however, don't mention the donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund)

Song 117: The whole fxxxing song

Song 109 (I believe): We Can Live Forever
    It's Worth All Endeavor (never mind that it will be in the Second Dark Ages)

Song 164: (about children)
    They Are Gifts from God (meaning--anyone that God doesn't explicitly want to give them to has no right to fulfill their sex drive and had better be satisfied with joining that Value Destroyer Training School and helping them start the Second Dark Ages worldwide)

He Says Use the Rod (beatings)

Song 221: All the stock examples of youngsters in the Bible that served that Almighty Louse

And songs about God's counsel being worth more than fine gold (well, with gold at $1,000 an ounce, I will trade all of God's counsel and interference with my living my life for the gold).

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can only remember a few - don't have any reference:

The song goes something like : when tears belong to yesturday and all the **add words: bad things?** have gone a way, when lions bleat just like a lamb lal lalalal I'm lost.

looooooooooooooooooooooooyal love God is love, he sent love from up above

llllllllllllllllllllllllloyaly blah blah blah blah

vomiting!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    "I know that in this crucial hour my faith will yet be tested/ Around me swarms the Devil's crowd like bees that were molested

Noooo...I don't remember this...you having a laugh? Lol...and JWs SING (and I use the term loosely, as I've never heard such depressing efforts) this crap?

WTWizard - which one is song 117? (for us deprived peeps who haven't got a songbook, lol)

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"Here is a really bad one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAQoA8b2I0Y"

My goodness Samuel Thorsen that has to be one of the most torturous things I have heard in years. What the hell happens at about 2.20. Shocking.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To answer the question about which is song 117, that is the one that is a slap in the face to anyone that they are reserving for that Value Destroyer Training School. It is about marriage being God's arrangement, and every time it came up I felt it totally inappropriate to sing it. I only wish I could go back and tell them that, unless I am FULLY enabled to attract the opposite sex at will, then every time it comes up, a Christmas carol (of my choosing) will be substituted for it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I liked the fact that the singing of the Kingdumb Malady was so pathetic in the video. Funny thing, every time they sang that song (15) in my former Kingdumb Hell, they were singing as if they meant it. I guess no one realized that life in the "new order" is going to be like life in the Second Dark Ages. Worth all endeavor? Something to enjoy?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"And weeping their teeth they do grind" - that is so forced and does not scan.

"That to Jehovah and his Lamb they their salvation owe" - sounds like "that to Jehovah and Islam they their salvation owe".

All the songs that talk about "vindication of his name" are out of date yet they still sing them. Ditto the ones that talk about the sheep and the goats being separated by the preaching work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit