Do you enjoy listening to music from another generation?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I liked to listen to sixties rock music -- Beatles, Yardbirds, Jefferson Airplane, Doors, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin -- all was still cool to listen to when I was growing up. That stuff may be dated but it never gets old.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I love listening to music from most generations when thje lady is biting on my ear lobe!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I bought Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits when I was a young teenager as part of one of those 11-for-a-penny deals, just to see if I'd like it, as I was only vaguely familiar with his music at the time. I wore that tape out. I still listen to Jimi pretty often. I've also come to appreciate the Beatles a lot more in recent years.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

I like all kinds of music, including bluegrass, country, folk and singers of the so-called "folk revival" of the 1960's - singers like Pete Seager; Bob Dylan; Joan Baez; Joni Mitchell; and Odetta. A lot of folk songs go back hundreds of years; their variants have origins in Elizabethan times. Just think of "John Barleycorn" by the group Traffic. Both Odetta and Led Zepplin sing versions of "The Gallow's Pole." Baez has sung versions of "Silkie" and "Barbara Allen," Both songs are very old.

• delilah
    delilah

Hi JH...I'm like Ms. McDuckett...I like music from all generations. I love Billy Holiday, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong. I like Harry Connick Jr., Pavarotti, Andrea Bocelli,....

I love all things Celtic....due to my Celtic background .

I love Pink Floyd...Marillion..The Sex Pistols,...Flogging Molly, The Pogues, some Johnny Cash,.... I also like to listen to Nine Inch Nails,...Marilyn Manson,...

I love Tool, A Perfect Circle,...Rage Against the Machine, Pantera...Metallica, Megadeath, and most bands my kids like to listen to...and especially Christmas music!!

You get the idea.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was really getting into the old Hebrew music except you never know what rhymes without the vowels.

Rub a Dub

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I'm a fan of 60's and 70's music. Beatles are my favorite, the Doors are right there, Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkle, Janis Joplin, Hendrix fer sure, Grand Funk Railroad, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Willie and Waylon, Earth Wind and Fire, The Kinks, Stevie Wonder, The Beachboys.... I could go on forever! -Potential

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I used to know this guy who was the most unlikely listener to Indian music you could meet! He said it just utterly relaxed him even though he had no clue what the words meant! He had quite a collection which surprised me in the smae way the Itlian opera did - which is equally tricky if you aint Italian!

• chickpea
    chickpea

my husband was a music ed/voice major in college so music has always been part of life for us.....

my kids have heard everything!! i love the memory of my then 7 YO ( now 17!!)) sitting in his room building with legos and singing patsy cline's " walking after midnight" or "lady madonna" or the kids all humming glen miller's " string of pearls"

the oldest kid is now a live sound production manager for a small recording and production company and the youngest is a singer/songwriter....

the rest of us couldnt carry a tune in a bucket, but we do like to listen to all manner of musical endeavour

• karvel
    karvel

HELL YES. i'm 21 but i love me some Julie London. I've got all the Capitol Ultra Lounge compilations, some assorted exotica(Martin Denny, Robert Drasnin, Arthur Lyman, etc.), and a lot of stuff by Nina Simone. I guess i'm a bit of an old soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit