Ok, so my mom came over today... Part 2

by cognac 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Everything was going fine. I was surprised when she didn't say anything about my confession to my Dad yesturday that I didn't believe 5 or 6 billion people are going to die at the big A.

So, anyways, I took that to be her accepting of how I felt. I told her that it bothers me how they put some awful pictures in kids books like My Book of Bible Stories. I told her how much that affected me for a long time. She just listened and even agreed on that point...

And then...

She started asking all about the medication I'm on (I have PTSD). She wrote it down, found out who my doctor was and everything... She just went on and on about it... How much I took yesturday, how much I'm supposed to be taking. Finally, it dawned on me...

SHE THINKS I'M NUTS... She thinks the only reason I'm saying these things is because of how this medication is affecting me. So, basically, she's dismissing everything I'm saying and she's probably going back to my Dad to say the same thing...

She's probably going to try and have some sort of intervention with me...

Oh, well. I said what I had to say and dealt with this head on. They can deal with this information the way that they want to... I do feel a tremendous weight off my heart and I'm happy about that..

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You Angel!

Excellent!

Well done!

I had family trying to get me on meds and acting like everything I said was not to be taken seriously coz I'm suffering som ekinda cognitive dissonance some Psycholonutcracker advising them thinks they know more of me than I do without ever speaking to me!

Science is sometimes so up its own arse its unreal but why should they care on the hich dollar salaries???

Family trusts high dollar speak and tries to impose it so good lady for knowing you know the score!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There's no effective intervention if you are compliant with your meds and are not suicidal,
    except the kind to "get you to think properly." To a JW, that would be elders ganging up
    on you, but they don't really do that for someone who doubts the doctrines because they
    have no answers.

At least you can say what you want if she just thinks you are nuts.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think it's so insulting that JWs can ask you questions, quite personal questions, and expect you to answer them, knowing full well they will use the information against you. Stop answering their questions. Say things like, "that's rather personal, isn't it?" or "why do you want to know?" or "I can't believe you said that." Or my mother's favorite, "you writing a book?" We DON'T have to answer their questions, goddammit.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This subject is a massive one!

When the general population hear you are suffering mental trauma they all add to your burden by treating you that way and looking for signs they would normally dismiss within the course of ordinary conversation!

So your battle to prove you are normal can become your ruin!

Best to trust yourself through all the doubts, see who sticks with you, and trust in them!

Trouble is when 'them' is noone, all your left is your own strength and so suicidal can seem normal to you in your aloneness, but confirms others view of you to themselves = what a conundrum???????????

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I sure hope she doesn't get the big idea to interfere and think she can call your Dr. and quiz him out, mothers do that stuff. Maybe you might lay low

for awhile and not rock the boat with saying anything. It'll get them off your back so to speak with there over (concern for Wt attitude.)

Cheers!

Take Care

hope4others

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A friend of mine attempted suicide shortly before being disfellowshipped. His mother now dismisses anything he says with condescencion. I went through PTSD shortly before being disfellowshipped and so went on medication for about 3 months. My mother recommended I get the drugs (as apposed to a psychologist who she thought would turn me away from the organization) and indicated she thought that once the drugs settled me down I would see following the Organization was the only way to live. She seems extremely shocked and disappointed that I no longer need the antidepressants and have been very relaxed and happy for the last two years. My family also express shock that I could have wonderful friends "in the world" and an active social life. The really expected my life would fall apart and I would come crawling back. The last time we spoke my mother still says she is hoping I will be like the prodigal son. It really takes thick skin to deal with JW family.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

You mean you DONT look forward to seeing a billion innocent children slaughtered? Your meds must be off!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I wonder what she's going to do with the Dr and prescription information? Maybe you should take her with you the next time you see the doctor or you could insist that if they do have an intervention, that you have support that understands what you are going though.

This kinda sucks, sorry.

lisa

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- At least you were able to voice your opinion to your mother - whether she thinks your crazy or not ! LOL! It's so much easier for witness relatives to pin " craziness " on us doubting the beliefs ; than admitting to themselves we have actually educated and informed ourselves about the lies from the Watchtower society ! If they admitted that to themselves - it would drive THEM crazy ! Good job sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit