How many exjw's do you think there are out there now?

by Velvetann 16 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

I have a feeling that over 2/3's of the people that were once witnesses are not now.

That would put about 12 million of us OUT, with 6 million in.

I was a witness for 45 years and saw a lot of people leave.

I had heard anecdotally that if everyone that ever was a witness was still active that the org would have 15 to 20 million.

Brant

• oompa
    oompa

I thought about 100k were df'd annually.....................anybody?.............oompa

• Gayle
    Gayle

We're the tip of the iceberg of xJWs here,,majority have gone on with their lives and would not be interested or feel no personal need to come on this site. I've gone on with my life but I like to hear all the news and feel a need for the public to be more informed of the inside destructive spirit within and the negative impact to their own people.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This something I would like to know myself. IMO I would say the EX-JW's numbers are much higher than one knows. Raymond Franz brought up a fudge factor in his book "Crisis of Conscience" that should have been applied by the WBTS but wasn't and would have shown a decline in numbers and would have been more acccurate.

But this is something the WBTS would have to downplay to keep their image up among the R & F. Also, I think more people are seeing more and more holes in the religion and are slowly awakening from the Matrix but still, their masses are huge worldwide. As for taking a poll I agree with some of the other members that some, once out of the control of the JW's and their "Eyes are Wide Open", do not want to admit to or be recognized for being one of the deceived brainwashed members. This being so it would be hard to acquire an accurate census.

If anyone can acquire an estimated number I would be interested in knowing.

Quirky1

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

There was the recent Pew Poll on religion that was discussed extensively on here, and it said that 75% of those in the US raised as JWs have left the Witnesses.

Now, not all are raised JW, and there are no definite figures on this, but I would guess that with 6 to 7 million active JWs right now, there are likely several million ex-JWs. The WTS's own figures indicate that tens of thousands if not 100,000 or more simply drift away from the org each year. The vast majority do not belong to boards like this.

I get together with a bunch of ex-JWs a few times a year, and I'm the only one active like this. I would say perhaps 5% or fewer get online like we do.

When I was a JW, there were on average 40,000 disfellowshipped every year. I would doubt that the number has gone to 100,000, oompa, but perhaps.

S4

• new boy
    new boy

Well since you wanted to know

438,789...as of 10 minutes ago..opps

438,790!

• worf
    worf

Since I have been out, I have met a good number of exjws, who don't even know about exjw websites. In fact, in my conversations with them, when I inform them about all the things that have been found out about the wt in the past 18 years, they are unaware of these things. Recently while looking for a house, the real estate agent turned out to be an exjw, who got out when he was about 18. He was totally unaware of the pedophile scandal, the UN scandal, the latest on blood, voting,false prophecies, etc. He was shocked!

I have had this same type of experience many times with exjws. So, in harmony with other comments on this thread, I think there are probably many times more exjws, than it appears to be.

Worf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit