What the Hades is going on at the local Kingdom Hall?

by AK - Jeff 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The KH that I attended has always held it's meetings on Sunday Morning, and still does. Even on the days when the CO visits there are normally only a handful of cars left in the parking lot after 3 PM, as the CO typically quits service and heads home by 3 or 4, and besides, if you are not in his group it is usually 'take a few doors, count an hour, and get home in time to watch the game' attitude.

So today I drive by after work - it is 4 PM when I pass the Kingdom Hall, and the damned parking lot is just packed - maybe 45 or 50 cars in the lot. It was as full as any typical Sunday meeting. I have never even seen more cars than this on the night of the Service Meeting. I am racking my brain trying to figure what they are doing. I don't think it would be a funeral - I would prob of heard of any locals who died. They can't be cleaning for the Memorial - that was last week. {and even so it would likely be 10 cars, not 50}.

Any ideas?

Jeff

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe they are wising up to the exJW resistance movement and making everyone pledge extra alleigance whilst watching for any signs of double agents?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Maybe a wedding?

NMG

• asilentone
    asilentone

One way to find out for sure, go to the Kingdom Hall NOW!

• DJK
    DJK

Overcrowding leads to double sessions. Maybe?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Wedding
    Funeral (Memorial)
    Circuit Pioneer Meeting
    New Spanish Congregation
    Special slide show by a missionary
    Maybe they all agreed to aux. pioneer for March and
    bumped the meeting back so they could have a
    huge Sunday field circus.
    They are all witnesses at a judicial committee.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Could be a wedding I suppose.

Funeral I would likely have known about - since I know the locals, read the obits, and my MIL is still a JW.

CO visit - as I stated, Don't think so.

As far as going to the Hall to find out - nope. Would rather be hung by my....erm.... toes.

Jeff

• Warlock
    Warlock

A mighty nation is forming.

Warlock

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Who gets married on a Sunday?????

hope4others

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    A mighty nation is forming.

LOL - but more like:

A mighty nation is forming. foaming at the mouth!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit