Bye-Bye Brooklyn....were OUTTA there! Real Estate news.

by oompa 64 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I was told today by a heavyweight elders wife, both of whom were at Bethel for many years and are VERY well connected to the Brooklyn Brass, that all Brooklyn Bethel operations will be moved to Wallkill and Patterson. In fact, there is a very exclusive walk-through next week for some of the top real estate investors/developers who will see all the properties, starting with The Sands, and its lobby has now been remodeled to look just like a high-end hotel..................just FYI.................................oompa

• Sirona
    Sirona

Really??!!!!

So they're freeing up BILLIONS of dollars?

Hmmmmm.....

Sirona

• Gopher
    Gopher

The Ca$h from the sale of these Brooklyn properties will come in handy for the WTS.

Brooklyn will be glad to have the Columbia Heights properties back on the tax roll, and from what I read in the Brooklyn Eagle (local newspaper), many residents would be glad to not have to call the area "Jehovah Heights" any more.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Oompa,

Very interesting. It definitely seems like big changes are afoot for the Borg.

Cheers,

Alex

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thanks for the scoop oompa.

There is no reason for them to be there either do you think? They were like the walking dead when I was there last. Except for our tour guides who were happy dappy, the spirit of the other workers was nothing like in the past. Maybe like in a big corporation waiting for the layoff slips to come.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

that is great news hopefully it can come to be the beginning of the slipping down the slippery slope so to speak. Now is the GB will all just do the honorable thing and commit sepeku and do all of Jdubs a favor.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I wonder if they are going to auction off the infamous READ YOUR BIBLE DAILY sign?

Any takers???

lmao

Anyways, WOW what a trip, moving out of the famous NYC land marks.

NMG

• oompa
    oompa

It is a pretty obvious move that is behind schedule. There has not been any publishing or shipping from there in ages (no need for port space). Brooklyn property is back in very high demand, and the paperpushers can do that from anywhere. A close relative of mine is heading up there for several months, and I bet he will be helping to make necessary changes to suit the purchasers. Free labor is a wonderful thing......oompa

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

If this is the case, hmmm , how many more bethelites are going to become street people??

NMG

• Highlander
    Highlander

If they sell everything in New York, it will help immensely with any cashflow problems they may currently have.

The good news is that they'll have nothing of comparable value left to sell if they are ever in need of serious money again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit