Arrest made in beating death of 8-month-old

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Why in the world would someone do those things to a baby?

I send my condolences to his parents and the rest of the family.

momz

• chickpea
    chickpea

may justice prevail

may broken hearts learn to beat again without weeping

• free2think
    free2think

That was very hard to read, Im so sorry PS.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

this is so difficult to believe that anyone could do such a thing to a little baby.

I am so sorry Pioneer spirit. there are no words that can make it better.

I do hope he is punished fully for this horrible crime.

Velvetann

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

My condolences.

May your family find some comfort from their deep loss.

Unfortuantely, this kind of tragedy is all too common. I am in my last year of law school and have been working as a prosecutor intern in the Juvenile Division of one of the local county's Prosecutor's Office. The stuff that we see is shocking. It is bad enough what adults do to kids... but in my office we see how kids treat one another. Often times it is an older kid or gang of kids who will take advantage of a younger or developmentally challenged kid. It is really heartbreaking. The really distressing part of the job is that these kinds of things are not isolated...there is just a steady stream of horrible cases coming through the judicial system. The county where I work is relatively non-urban and the population density is not all that high, so I can only imagine how much worse it is in major metropolitan areas.

Often times, these crimes are committed by repeat offenders and are foreseeable. The problem is that economic resources everywhere are stretched to the breaking point and many communities don't have the resources to get the offenders counseling or adequate restraint to keep them from re-offending.

I wish I knew what the remedy is to child abuse and domestic violence, but unfortunately I don't and neither do the people get paid to think about this stuff.

You do not grieve alone, but everyone who cares for the little ones grieves with you.

May you and your family find peace,

Alex

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

Im so sorry..Im in tears.

• myababes
    myababes

My heart goes out to you.

Just to let you know that I am thinking about you and your poor family at this time of terrible loss.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I am glad the killer is in custody and cannot do this to another child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit