Arrest made in beating death of 8-month-old

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

My great nephew who was killed last week: killer arrested.

Claudia Koerner and Brent Whiting
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 27, 2008 12:58 PM

A Phoenix man has been arrested in the beating death of his roommate's 8-month-old son who was left in his care.

Tyson Aaron Chamberlain, 30, was arrested Wednesday and booked first-degree murder and child abuse after an autopsy concluded that the toddler's death was a homicide. The child suffered head and abdominal injuries; his hair was ripped from his scalp and his face and hands were marked by scratches, authorities said.

Chamberlain and his girlfriend were reportedly taking care of Easton Lee while the child's mother was out Friday night. The three adults share a home in the 3200 block of West Desert Vista Trail, near 32nd Avenue and Happy Valley Road in north Phoenix, authorities said Thursday.

According to court documents, Chamberlain put the baby to bed around 10 p.m. as normal. Several hours later, Chamberlain said the baby woke up and vomited. Chamberlain said he gave the child a bath, but when he moved to get a towel, the baby slid under the water. Chamberlain claims the baby was injured while he was trying to give first aid, the documents said.

Chamberlain's girlfriend called 911 when the baby wasn't breathing around 3 a.m. Police and fire crews found him unresponsive and he was pronounced dead later at a hospital.

"Investigators arrested Chamberlain based on evidence collected at the scene, interviews with the suspect and information provided by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office," police spokesman Sgt. Joel Tranter said.
    enlarge image Tyson Aaron Chamberlain was booked on first-degree murder and child abuse in the March 21 death of an 8-month-old boy, the son of a roommate he was caring for.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I hope they hang him by his GD balls...

• Casper
    Casper

That was hard to read. What that poor child went thru just sickens me.

Good to know that charges have been filed and hopefully justice will be met.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss....

Sincerely,

Cas

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    The child suffered head and abdominal injuries; his hair was ripped from his scalp and his face and hands were marked by scratches, authorit

That is so sad, They need to hang him.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

that is terrible - so shocking and painful to read. How could someone do that? out of control anger? drugs/alcohol? just plain evil?

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I agree with what zeroday said.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

P.S.,

All the strength to you and yours throughout this horrific tragedy.

My heart goes out to little Easton Lee and all his family.

~Sue

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm so sorry that your family-or any family at all-had to experience such a horrific tragedy and crime. My heart goes out to you all.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

OMG...how horrible. I am so, so , so sorry.

Any crime against a helpless child should get an automatic death penalty.

• llbh
    llbh

This is awful, please accept my sympathy

Daivd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit