Who has lost faith?

by logic&reason 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• helenhall
    helenhall

Me. just walked out of a meeting. left my husband sitting there and went. he hasnt come to find me. guess the elders will though.

helen

• The Doc 58
    The Doc 58

I have lost faith.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    The thing is I can't really call myself an Atheist. Though I do agree with many Atheists, I cannot prove they are right either.

Once more in defense of us atheists, an atheist is someone that dosn't actively believe in any god, not someone that believes they can absolutely prove there is no god. If that were the criteria, all atheists would have to call ourselves agnostic. As an atheist, I don't believe I have absolute proof there is no god, just as I don't believe I have absolute proof there are no fairies or unicorns. However, neither do I call myself fairy or unicorn agnostic.

edit: That may have come across more harshly than I meant it. I am simply trying to explain why atheists call themselves such, not trying to put down those that call themselves agnostic. I have the utmost respect for agnostics as well. In truth their position is virtually identical to the position of atheists in many cases.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I didn't lose my faith in the God(s) of the bible; I killed it with research and that evil thing referred to as thinking. I have, therefore, gained freedom from that element of false belief which holds the human race back.

Is there a creator? I don't know.

And I don't have to know.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I lost faith in the Watchtower organization. I still believe in God, I believe in Jesus.

I believe that the Bible holds many truths and like any other book, you have to find

the nuggets that can help you build your faith.

I cannot prove to anyone that there is a God. Only He can do that, and He will if you ask Him.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I found / starting believing in me - so I have faith in me

• berylblue
    berylblue

No faith, no religion - when I need comfort, I "talk" to my dead mother - she responds in the same manner Jehovah did - which is to say, she doesn't.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

As a cradle JW, I don't think I had "faith" until I started leaving the JWs. There was one point while I was still in (around 1999 or so) that I actually stopped believing in God. I didn't find faith until I left. I stopped living off of what was fed to me and decided to strike out on my own.

So no, I didn't lose faith, I gained it.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Once more in defense of us atheists, an atheist is someone that dosn't actively believe in any god, not someone that believes they can absolutely prove there is no god.

A-theos.

No-God.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    When I was a witness, I had no faith. It took leaving for me to gain it. When I discovered faith in myself, I discovered faith in God also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit