Who has lost faith?

by logic&reason 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Casper
    Casper

Welcome Logic&reason...

Once I started questioning the WT society, I began to question everything

I agree with your above comment. I too began to question everything. Now I am just lost.

I try to keep searching tho...

Cas

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ditto......In the lyrics of a Ringo Starr song:

NO NO NO I don't do it no more,

I'm tired of waking up on the floor,

No thank you please it only makes me sneaze,

And then it makes it hard to find the door.

NMG

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I didn't think of it as loosing faith, I just knew it wasn't the truth for me. I also knew, that I'd probably never join another religion, because I won't even join a gym or club that expects you to do things I don't feel like doing. But I do enjoy the freedom to learn about all religions, on my own..without pressure, I especially like to ask people "WHY they joined, or believe or have faith,....

I don't feel the need to worship or join a religion.

That's it, I guess, maybe I just enjoy learning how other live and go about life.

or....Maybe I'm just nosey.

lisa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never had any faith in the first place. All I had was the trust that what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger was saying was going to happen. And, when I found that all I was going to get was the bad stuff, I started viewing God as an Almighty Lowlife Scumbag who had me slated to join the Value Destroyer Training School, get the whole world into the cancer, and start the Second Dark Ages for Him so I could also take the blame.

And no, I no longer have faith in getting into the Second Dark Ages (which is what I now call the new order). There is nothing paradise about having everything you think, say, or do being what someone else tells you to.

• chickpea
    chickpea

at the moment, my faith is misplaced... i cannot find it and if i do somehow recover it, i will have to be sure before i place it again that it is in a very safe place

for the moment.... i am not exactly looking for it, and it might actually be reclassified as lost someday.......

• lancelink
    lancelink

yes, I think that I lost my faith several years ago,, and I never had the guts to admit it until now.

Kind of like when driving down an expressway and your absolutely sure where you are.
    And then all of a sudden you realize that nothing looks familiar,,, you really are lost,
    and its right in the middle of rush hour so finding out where you should be can be damn impossible.

• strawberry cake
  • Moxie
    Moxie

Being raised as a witness I naturally accepted that the Bible was true as well as the JW teachings... after I left I still had a resonating belief in the Bible.

Many years since, after reading the bible, studying history, science and other religions, I have come to the determination that the Bible is not word of God, nor that there is a God. I am now an Atheist. I believe that religion is Man's creation and an effective tool for domination and control down through the centuries.

As for losing faith, I don't feel that I have "lost" anything, rather that I have gained much.

"Moxie"

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My brother, df'd for 19 years, went to memorial this year. When we discussed the organization and I told him all the facts pertinent to the discussion, he said, "Alright, so if they don't have the truth... who does?" The premise that is false is the thought of there being a single "Truth". I told him that I can't say there is a "truth" or that anyone has it. I think its between you and God, Jehovah, the Deity or whatever. I don't peddle answers anymore. This thought, that there is no single truth, makes many go crazy because their whole universe no longer orbits the sun. What to do? It took me a while to accept the reality of no truth as in a dogma from a group of people. It is a relief and contains the feeling of walking on a high wire without a net. W.Once

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Ditto to "Moxie".

Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit