"Bad" songs at JW weddings

by B_Deserter 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

To I Must Break Away: Please read the private message I sent to you.

To Everyone Else: Let's take a vote on whether he should record his song on a youtube video.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Of course the best song for a JW reception would be this AC/DC tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iZ2gK8M86U&feature=related

You will have to open it to see what song it is, but you will agree.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I once attended a witness wedding at which the bride chose the '70s song "I've got pieces of April (but it's a morning in May)". Kind of strange, until we later learned that her finance had told her a few days earlier that he didn't love her and wanted to call off the wedding. She convinced him to go through with it anyway, they were unhappy, and split up a few years later.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I used to play the piano for all the weddings. In the late 50's I actually played, "Here Comes the Bride" at the Kingdom Hall. Only one person, an elder's wife, made any comment about it.

• shell69
    shell69

I remember they would always manage to get 'i just called to say i love you' played at every one.

Just about the time they started those rediculous barn dances, with the luvved up pioneer couples dancing around.

Eugh!

I agree, a bit of ACDC is more enjoyable!

Shell69

• Moxie
    Moxie

I remember a JW band playing Tush by ZZtop at a congregation get together once... lets just say that although everyone danced and had a great time, there was a lineup of suit-clad men standing on the side with their arms crossed (except for the one who was taking notes to "counsel" the brothers in the band later on).

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Weddings, (and funerals!) have pagan elements.

As a matter of fact, there are few things in the typical wedding ceremony in the US that AREN'T pagan.

But they only worry about the rice?! Please.

On to the reception. While I agree there is some responsibility involved for the entertainment selections, who are you (as elders) to dictate to a groom as head what his conscious "should be" on something?

SMH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit