well I finally told someone....

by still_in74 22 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

I finally told another JW about how I am feeling. EXACTLY how I am feeling.

She is the only JW I know that wont rat me out and she isnt active herself. But still.... to tell someone is a big deal to me.

I just went on and on about so many things, the generation, 144k, 1914,1975,1925, blood, Russell, Rutherford, information control etc.etc. I couldnt stop!.
    I told her at this point I absolutely do not believe that this is the "truth". I dont want help. I dont need help. There is no going back cause I know too much.

She just asked me what am I going to do? I wish I knew. Could my marriage handle it? I wish I knew. She knows my wife so she has an idea as to what I will be dealing with.
    She texted me the next day, she was spinning from everything I told her...

Anyway, I dont know what will come of this but it was a big move for me. Just thought I'd share where I am at right now... Still..........

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I remember that feeling of relief. I chose my dad. Took him out to dinner and told him all that I had been learning. For me, it was one of our best conversations.

You are right. It *is* a big deal to finally speak what you really think to another JW.

Congrats on the milestone.

-Aude.

• still_in74
    still_in74

You are right. It *is* a big deal to finally speak what you really think to another JW.

Congrats on the milestone.

-Aude

thanks Aude, nice to know others know where my head is at....

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

finally voicing your enlightened view is liberating, shows your are escaping their grasp, good for you!

I have found this freedom sometimes overwhelming but i welcome it nonetheless, it feels good to finally

be able to speak my mind without fear of reprisal.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Well congrats on this first step! It is difficult no doubt about it. But, you just proved to yourself how strong you really are, and how you can do it.

This journey will no doubt be difficult along the way at times. But you will absolutely and totally be okay. I know at times you will wonder if it will all be okay but when you are on the other side - knowing you did the right thing, it will all be worth it!!

You have all of our support here. And, you will be just fine. It is soo worth it!

MMO

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, congratulations on being able to say something to a JW.

I told my dad (never a JW) what I had discovered before I changed my mind
    about fading out. I told my sister (also never a JW) for further support.

The only people directly involved with JW's that I can talk to are people
    I met here or other ex-JW arrangements. I have talked some to a best
    friend (fully JW) but I can't say too much without setting off alarms.

Telling others about your feelings gets them to releave some pressure.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Still in 74---------Congratulation-- I wish you the best of luck.

• Casper
    Casper

I envy this....as I have never been in a situation where I could, other than here on JWD. I think it would be great to have that one on one conversation.

Good for you Still, I am glad you were able to speak your mind.

Cas

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Good for you! It must be very liberating. Kudos on your courage. :) -Potential

• still_in74
    still_in74

thanks everyone,

I appreciate all your comments and support........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit