well I finally told someone....

by still_in74 22 Replies latest jw friends

• isopndyd
    isopndyd

Hi

I know what you're talking about. I'm so glad I found this website and people who have/are going through the same emotions and doubts that I did. There are so many things that you have to deal with and you do. You get past it.

Now go pour yourself some coffee. .: 0 )

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's definately one of the hardest things to do, but once you know the history of the organization and see what it really is then it is like flood waters rushing over you and you can't hold back. When I learned of all the false prophecies, prymidology, miracle wheat, Rose Ball, Beth Sarim, United Nations, changes in the scriptures to meet their doctrines ... and you just know in your heart: This can't be God's chosen organization.

My wifes family are all JWs. When I approached my wife on all the things I found - she wouldn't listen. She called her brother (also a good friend of mine) and he came over to discuss my feelings. We stayed up to the wee hours of the morning going over pages of information to all the topics listed above.

"What about the false prophecies?"
    "So? They made mistakes."
    "What about Beth Sarim?"
    "So? He was over zealous."
    "What about the United Nations?"
    "I don't see what the big deal is."

This is how the conversation went for hours. We read scriptures on how to identify false prophets. Didn't make a dent. He just couldn't put two and two together. In my heart, I knew what I had to do and it was like something pulling me OUT from a car wreck or maybe an accident just waiting to happen. I submitted my letter of disassociation willingly - despite the protests. The PO and the BC came to see me. Went through the same thing with them.

"Who taught you the truth?"
    "I don't believe it's the truth."
    "When you were baptised you made a commitment."
    "I don't believe the WTBTS is God's organization."

No give on either side. I'm telling you, once your eyes are open to their ways - you don't have to be afraid of them. Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Make your stand!

"If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God is testing you to find out if you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul," ( Deut. 13:1-3 ).

So, it's clear. Once you know that the WTBTS is a false prophet - what do you do? Who is your first allegence to ... God or the WTBTS? If it is God, then you know what to do. Submit your letter of disassociation promptly. If it is to the WTBTS, well, re-read Deut. 13:1-3 again.

• real one
    real one

i lost a lot too but now i dont feel the lost anymore i feel a tremendous gain of the truth, Jesus Christ. No feeling like that in the world! They were not my friends anyway

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit