By what age can a child be indoctrinated?

by jwfacts 38 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want it to start even while the baby is in the mother's womb. Their goal is to have the child baptized at age 6 and not able to function in society outside the cancer. That way, they have them for life.

Then along comes Satan, who invents the Internet. Apostate web sites abound, and there is help available for those who have been trapped. Religious groups are everywhere, and there are "secret societies" that help (just try Googling "Society of Secrets" and see what comes up). Then there goes their party.

• dippydo
    dippydo

Chickie, I can relate to what you said about your sister becoming obsessed with the notion of dieing, I am quite obsessed too, yes its morbid and yes I would prefer to be a happy go lucky person but I blame it on my upbringing.

There are a lot of sides to my personality that Im very uncomfortable with and I think indoctrination at a young age has a lot to do with it.

They say it takes 5 years for a child to find their personality.

AK Jeff, what happened to you? lol

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    AK Jeff, what happened to you? lol

I became the Jw that everyone thought I would. Then a few years ago I became the 'rabid Apostate' that no one expected. So there is hope, even for the deeply indoctrinated - but it took me till 48 to 'get it'.

Jeff

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Children learn a great deal at a very young age. I've come across research on language development, for example, that if a child is exposed to another language at the time they first learn to talk, even if they don't learn the second language, they will be able to learn that language more easily as an adult. It's something to do with having absorbed the tone and nuances and ability to hear and form the sounds. I've also come across research that shows children are most open to learning prior to the age of 3 (brain absorption capabilities are at its highest). I know from working with women who were sexually abused as children that even if this occurred prior to acquiring the ability to speak, the body remembers and the experience will have a lifelong impact. So I think there is a possibility a child could be indoctrinated at a very young age. At the very least, impressions will be made that will affect development.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I would think it begins once they can understand what it means to use the toilet.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation

through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 3:15

hope4others

• Robert7
    Robert7

We had our last CO visit a few weeks ago. I didn't go since I'm fading, so I stayed home with the kids, LOL. Wife went.

But the CO had a talk directed at the youth, basically what are your plans. They said it should be pioneering and general work in the faith (surprise surprise).

After the meeting all adults were to ask the kids what their plans were, and all kids were supposed to respond "pioneer". Talk about brainwashing and indoctrination!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    But the CO had a talk directed at the youth, basically what are your plans. They said it should be pioneering

It is very effective. From a young age my goal was pioneering, which I did for several years. I attended every Bethel meeting at the assemblies, and ended up in Bethel for 3 1/2 years. Many of the kids I grew up with Pioneered, even if for just a short time.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

And I was being a smart a$$!

hope

• Open mind
    Open mind
    After the meeting all adults were to ask the kids what their plans were, and all kids were supposed to respond "pioneer".

How exactly did the C.O. work up to this? Did you hear from your wife whether or not the dubs actually did it?

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit