i'm being attacked from all angles

by Cordelia 41 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You already have great "No, thank you" advice here. Follow it.

I was offered a "study" with two elders focusing on the organization because
    I resigned as an elder stating that I don't fully "know" the Faithful Slave and
    cannot promote their doctrines, so the only counsel I got was to study with
    them.

"Study" is a way to enforce upon you to "agree with the doctrine" or else
    gather evidence that you are rebelling. They don't always intend to do the
    latter, but they expect to just re-indoctrinate you if they point out the reasoning
    of the WTS for anything you question, then you would go along. I wasn't going
    to give them a chance to gather evidence that I would not "go along."

NO, THANK YOU.

In your situation, it was not wrong to go to the Memorial. You went to all the
    trouble of reinstatement. Your fade since then would have to include some of the
    big events. Next year, perhaps you can go to a different hall just to say you went.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Study" is a way to enforce upon you to "agree with the doctrine" or else
    gather evidence that you are rebelling.

I agree with this 100%. What you need to remember Cordy is that you would either have to humbly agree with this CO's wife, week after week, or you'd have to admit your real thoughts and get a judicial for apostacy!

I suspect this is the whole reason why they've suggested a CO's wife. She is "strong enough" to listen to anything you might say which is apostate. They wouldnt' expose you to an ordinary witness in case you made them doubt!

Sirona

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sirona hit the nail on the head.

Quirky1

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is an all-volunteer organization. You cannot be forced to have the study.
    They cannot DF you again for saying NO.
    They can only say that you are not cooperating with their offered help and
    say that they will withhold privileges from you. I assume that since your
    reinstatement, they are withholding COMMENTING and PIONEERING from
    you, as well as parts on the school or Service Mtg. (There's little else they
    can withhold from a woman) SO WHAT? Who cares if you cannot comment?
    I bet you don't want to comment anyway. Who wants to pioneer or be on the
    school?

Read the posts on how to say NO and say it. Put this behind you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is a major reason I didn't attend the Black Sabbath. Had I went, they would have wasted an evening. Most of it is about who is supposed to partake anyway, which I have heard every time I did go. But then, at the end, there is a piece where they are seeking people that are new or that haven't been to a boasting session in a while. Those are the ones that will be getting hounded after.

Then, once it passes, everyone is going to think you are still in. That will start a storm of hounding calls to go to all of the meetings. That will not stop until they either get you back or you slip up and do something to get disfellowshipped. Which is why I recommend that, unless you have pressing reason to go to the REJECT Jesus party, you blow it off totally. Ostracize the hounders, even refusing to go to this event, and they will get tired of wasting their time on you.

Of course, if worse comes to worst, it might be time to send in the disassociation letter. That ought to shut up Brother Hounder.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i think sirona hit the nail on the head too, theyve probably noticed youre trying to slink quietly away and primed her up to reel you back in.( and its probably your family who've pushed it)

cool list btw.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I would change my number and not answer the door. Therefore, they are left with nothing.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

How the hell does 'a study' help rebuild your spirituality?? Its purely a way of reindoctrinated you and humiliating you into submitting to their control again.

As much as you love your dad you are not responsible for any of his illnesses and nor are you responsible for your families feelings. They will never be satisfied with any effort you make and you need to make a clean break from their influence.

Why dont you lay down some ground rules for once - make it a condition that you do not discuss the witnesses or anything related to it when you/they visit?

Grow a pair and stop pandering to their emotional blackmail!

G :o)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Usually Angels dont attack people, Demons do.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

Thanks alot, esp sirona for what you put, (she has the added priveldge of me ringing her to talk about it too ha ha !)

i know i've been back and forth these past two years and prob driven you all mad! but i really am doing what i want now, my family don't discuss the truth with me i have come a long way (for me!)

the co wife is my cousin she was like my sister we were brought up together with only a year between them, she cares for me thats why it's so hard!! but i'm going to just forget!!! and hope she does (bet she does'nt eh?)

i will not have a study tho it will undo everything i have done, i'm off to my freinds husbands 50th party tonight its a medieval banquet my family know i'm going only a matter of time before they find out it was a BIRTHDAY PARTY! #

in the past i wouldnt off gone but now i'm doing what i want, wish me luck. x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit