What's your favorite dinner?

by beksbks 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My wife's soft tacos

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Last night's - first course: spring mix, sweet, red , tender pears, lightly candied walnuts and blue cheese in a light vinegarette. Red wine.

Corkscrew whole wheat pasta tossed with garlic, shallots, EVOO, chopped fresh tomatoes and basil, dusted with freshly grated Parmesan. Whole grain garlic toast.

Hmmmmm.....vegetarian. We do veg about once per week. Red meat maybe once per month. Try for fish twice per week.

OR:

Boiled, chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce (w/ extra horseradish sauce), and a Sauvignon blanc for starters, and then a green salad with feta, tomatoes and avocado.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I made some awesome chile verde recently from a recipe in a recent Sunset magazine. It was easy and very very good. I made it in the crockpot so it was soupier than usual, so I added hominy and called it pozole.

Usually Sunset recipes don't use processed ingredients, but this one does. Brown a pork roast (I used picnic shoulder) and put it into the soup pot or crockpot with onions, garlic, equal amounts of bottled green chile salsa (I used the Herdez tomatillo salsa) and chicken broth. A little cumin seed and coriander seed, black pepper. Cook until the pork shreds easily. Remove the roast from the liquid, and put it under the broiler to brown it a bit. Reduce the liquid as thick as you like and serve with the pork (shredded) with tortillas and the usual goodies.

I just had to share

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Gosh, I'm so hungry now.....

Greek salad with lots of feta and black olives, and today I'm craving spinach and feta pizza we have a great italian pizza guy in town he

makes the best pizza's.

And I like;

AND a glass of vino.... and don't forget a little Luciano or Andrea Boccelli playing in the background

Although husband is not into this music but I'm game for all types.

hope

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have loads of favorites, but one that I really like is a medium done roast, with all the veggies, with a good glass of red wine.

or

a hot and spicey lamb curry. mmm mmm mmm

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

T bone steak, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, beer.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Bizzy, that salad (never done it with red pears, usually almost under ripe D'anjous) is Honey Bunny's favorite. One of mine too. In spring, I substitute the pear for some fresh boysenberries, and use goat cheese...............!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

It's too early for my mouth to be watering like this!! I can see I'll have to come back to this thread often when planning dinner. Everything sounds good.

I may skip pairing spaghetti with potatoes, and just what ARE super noodles???

• dippydo
    dippydo

roast lamb, roast and mashed tatty, yorkie puds, veg (you did say healthy) and mint saucy gravy, followed by chocolate roulade,mmmm, its no wonder I have to buy new jeans in a bigger size.

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

Maine Lobstahs! w/ corn on the cob and a nice rib-eye done on the grill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit