I was told I sound like an Apostate

by senora 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It is easier to control the rank and file if they stay put. It is as simple as that.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

sorry to break it to you but staying in one congregation is in the bible. its in Hezikiah. go look it up. ... waits ... god that joke never gets old. seriously as has been said, you can't be monitored all the time if you aren't reporting in to your minders regularly. definitely don't think for yourself either.

• loosie
    loosie

how dare you have indenpednant thinking. how dare you use the brain that you were given. I'm shocked that she doesn't use her own brain.

Good for you sounds like you have a plan.

• senora
    senora

Yes, I do think they want to monitor me. I use to be in her congo (and yes, I think she is off mentally), now I'm 2 congo's down the road and she did say she had just spoken to an elder. so I'm sure my name was brought up because he's friends with an elder in the congo I recently left they are probably talking so that they can keep tabs on me in my new hall wherein I just told the secretary that I've decided to go to the foreign language. So it seems they are trying to keep tabs on me and are having difficulty doing it because I keep moving around. which of course i'm doing on purpose to get these monkey's off my back. and now that i'm going to foreign language, its going to be impossible to keep a hold on me.

I hope you understand all of this. I am really going through some nonsense that I can't even explain. I'm dealing with bros who want to get me real bad, they really don't like me. I guess the core of the problem is... I am non compliant and therefore am viewed as a rebel because I don't let anyone control my life or tell me what to do. especially when they take liberties that infringe on my freedom as a human being and is not in the bible. I don't let people in my business either, nor am I a brown noser to the high n mighty ones, therefore I'm considered a naughty, naughty girl, who must be watched very closely.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    (of course the truth is that these friends are crazy and I keep running into sexual harassment problems, I've been propositioned by 5 different elders) (no joke)

ah,
    usually when I hear statements like this i begin to question the intent/reliability of the poster....

• senora
    senora

oh really "stil_in74"?? and why is that? does it sound impossible? maybe because you are a male.

why on earth would anyone lie about a horrible thing like that? could a thing like that never happen in jehovah's organization?? especially so often?? Its happening to so many single sisters, its unbelievable. and really, i don't care what you think, I think its terrible for you to question what someone says on this board as to the reliability. you are actually calling me a liar and I don't appreciate it because its the absolute truth.

you make me want to puke.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I guess I'm officially on the other side, because I kind of consider it a compliment to be told that I sound like I have the independent thinking of an apostate. my mind can't even imagine the least amount of contempt for this statement.

IMO, I grew up really poor... and this is a mentality you'll hit even by worldly peers "What you wanna move up?? You to good for us??" It is an ideology that is met with a lot of criticism in certain social groupings... I don't think it is unique to JW's at all. Her reasoning for her objection is JW centric, but I would be willing to guess the root of it goes much deeper.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Congratulations! Welcome to the 'postate club!

momz

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Good for you, senora!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good for you Senora on your gradual fade, you sound a bit too intelligent to be in a cult anyways.

Your probably aware of this but if not the congregations are divided up by virtue of where you live, this is done so they can keep track of how many are going to each hall

and so on, so you are kind of breaking the rules a little.........good luck on your fade out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit