I was told I sound like an Apostate

by senora 22 Replies latest jw friends

• senora
    senora

So I'm in the process of ditching my JW friends and one of them tells me that I'm starting to sound like an apostate Why?? because I'm going to yet another congregation and she feels that i should stay in one cogo to get established.

first of all I'm about to go into a foreign language congo wherein I speak half the language and want to be fluent in that language, but my real reason is....I don't want friends and family finding out about my fade so they won't start calling me and bugging me. The foreign lingo congo doesn't know english and english doesn't know them plus I moved to a new area, so, I've got it all under control. But in her eyes i'm just bouncing around, which really nothing is wrong with that.

and I was telling her that I can do what I want. I can go to whatever hall I want, when I want and there's nothing wrong with it. Does the bible say that I have to be established in a congo or does it say, just endure to the end? That was my response. Well she didn't like what I was saying. She said I have independant thinking and that's how apostates get started. of course I used that as an excuse to never be her friend again, because how dare she call me such a wretched thing? I asked her to show me in the bible where I have to stay in one congo my whole life. then I told her that I go to different congo's because I keep moving. (of course the truth is that these friends are crazy and I keep running into sexual harassment problems, I've been propositioned by 5 different elders) (no joke) I need to move to better neighborhoods (is what I told her). then she says I'm suppose to stay in one neighborhood, the end is coming so I should'nt be seeking great things for myself. is she ignorant or what?? I was like you are pathetic honey. Just because I don't want to live in the projects for the rest of my life waiting for armageddon doesn't mean i'm a bad materialistic person. She totally couldn't understanding me wanting to live in a better neighborhood. Well I gave her a peice of my mind. I told her that she can sit up in the hood thinking about the big A all she wants with her apathetic hoodlums, but not me sugar plum, I'm moving on up and I don't care what anyone thinks. She is so angry that I wont let them control my mind nor my life. So all she could say was I sound like an apostate.

Well I dissolved our friendship because she said I have independant thinking that apostates have when they start out.. I'm so offended and can't be her friend anymore. Good riddence.

So I'm doing my best to get rid of these people out of my life I should be fully faded by the summer, can't wait.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Isn't it amazing how they have ideas about how you should be as if they watch all you do and pressure you to obey?

It proves that most if not all are doing most stuff out of fear of everyone watching them and not out of their own hearts - it is such a false acknowledgement of divinity!

Cant believe it had me in such a muddle for so many decades - articulating its deviousness and confusion over me and my family.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Does this sister have a history of mental instability/nervous breakdowns?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

You say apostate like it's a bad thing.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    Well I dissolved our friendship because she said I have independant thinking that apostates have when they start out.. I'm so offended and can't be her friend anymore.

Never been offended by someone complimenting you for having independent thinking. It's the greatest thing in the world. (Pun not intended.)

• megaflower
    megaflower

You should have just said, Thankyou and smiled

• Galileo
    Galileo

One thing she said is true - Apostasy does start with independent thinking. The term "independent thinking" is actually redundant - so far as I've been able to ascertain, all thinking must be independent. I don't know of any way to allow multiple people to think with my brain, so what's the alternative? Therefore you can leave the "independent" out of the statement: Apostasy starts with thinking.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Your friend sounds like she's in a cult.

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

What city are you in? If you want to say ...

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    because I'm going to yet another congregation and she feels that i should stay in one cogo to get established

Moving around has been frowned upon by the overlords and brooklyn for years now. Whjen I was young it was encouraged that we take a Sunday every other month and visit the friends in other areas. Then in the late 70s and early 80s they started to nag folks to go where they are PUT. Only go to your own assembly where you are ASSIGNED. It seems like a form of manipulation and mind control to this fat old cowboy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit