Maybe I should have gone to Memorial....possible regrets.

by oompa 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

For the Memorial I went to a congregation where I know a lot of people but it's not my "home" congregation so the elders or anyone else wouldn't be asking me where I've been.

It was nice to reconnect with some people I haven't seen in a while and guess what, I think I may have even found one or two fellow closet independent thinkers in the process. Need to feel them out a little more.

Anyway, spending one hour of my life to see a number of people I really do care about and remind them that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth is certainly not the worst way to spend an evening.

Oompa, you just have to decide how important your relationships with your JW family/friends are. I personally have many family in the org and choose not to openly make a break, because for me it wouldn't be worth it. I have extracted one family member by choosing this course... I hope more in the future.

We have been deprived of what we formerly considered our ultimate goal, the lie set before us by the WTS. If we are to avoid sinking permanently into a dark place of hopelessness we need other goals and other challenges to take its place. Helping others seems to fit the bill.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oompa - you need to make your piece with that - if you wanna go for the sake of family ties and business then go - if you don't want to go cos' you really can't stand it then don't.

it is that simple

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So you feel selfish for blowing off the REJECT Jesus party? Here is what I call selfish:

(1) Molesting children and then protecting the perpetrators and silencing the victims.

(2) Telling people that they cannot send their children to college.

(3) Urging children to get baptized as young as age 6.

(4) Having children stay up past their bedtime on test day regularly for a stupid boasting session.

(5) Telling people that they cannot be saved without works, and then telling them they are not doing enough.

(6) Suing everyone that tries to post an unbiased accounting of their activities and integrations of their rules and regulations.

(7) Making people give up vacation for those Grand Boasting Sessions.

(8) Stressing obedience to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, even if they can be proven wrong with the Bible.

(9) Killing people with their stupid doctrines, and then changing them. If anyone blows one of those rules and then they change the rules in their favor, they are still disfellowshipped. They will still die unless they get the needed article before it is permitted by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

(10) Attempting to start the Second Dark Ages with their monopoly on knowledge that they are trying so hard to set up.

(11) Asking people to quit work so they can pioneer.

I think it was OK, in light of all of the above, to be "selfish" and refuse to serve the Watchtower Society, even in some small way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit