THE MEMORIAL MEANS NOTHING!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Rutherfraud invented this whole thing and now anyone that 'goes to the Memorial" just sits there like a bump on the log watching nothing but somber men holding men and bread parading up and down the aisles.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

MINIMUS

I went to the Memorial last Saturday. (doing it to keep peace in my family) It took me 1 hour to get to the Kingdom Hall. They had ''nerdy'' parking attendants directing traffic and parking. Walked in and 3 different congregations still couldn't fill up the place. Everyone was dressed to kill. No new people. Just family and friends. Attendents sitting in the front waiting to pass the bread and wine.

The opening prayer lasted at least 5 minutes. The same scriptures are used year after year. 15 minutes was used to remind everyone on why they should not partake of the emblems.

The scripture on Jesus praying before he passd the bread was read. Another 5 minute prayer. The scripture on Jesus praying before he passed the wine was read. Another 5 minute prayer.

10 minutes was spent telling all the new ones what meetings the Witnesses have and all the times they are held. The closing prayer was another 5 minutes.

This is a ''sales pitch'' meeting for the WTS. It's a meeting to remind everyone that the are slaves of the WTS. The Memorial just gives the WTS power to control its members since ''they'' partake of these emblems.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I couldn't find the thread, but someone said it right...it is nothing more than 1) a recruiting ploy to snare new and unsuspecting folks into the trap that is the wt society. and 2) Same as number 1 but aimed at faders and other inactives

• minimus
    minimus

OMG, R&R....

• ronin1
    ronin1

We decided to go to the memorial on Saturday, here in Palm Beach County where we live. It was at 9:00 EST.

When we arrived the KH was almost full. People were congregating like it was a party and taking pics. I do not remember that type of atmosphere happening years ago. When we were young it was a very solemn, respectful occasion to the point where it was very quiet in the KH. Obviously that has changed.

Anyway, fast forward to the memorial talk, which was quite boring and uneventful. It was not like when we lived up north, in Queens, NY. You always anticpated a talk by a bethel bro and most of the memorial talks were enlightening and kept you awake. My husband and I critiqued the brother who gave the talk. His body language embodied the typical 'I am the PO elder" aura and he acted very standoffish and snobbish. His wife walked around the KH before the talk with the auro that "I am an PO elder's wife".

Nowhere in the talk was it mentioned about the new information that anyone can partake if they deemed themselves of the anointed. The talk outline stuck to the old adage of the anointed being chosen by God and those were the ones to partake. But now we come to the crazy part of this memorial service:

The brother who gave the prayer before the passing of the bread literally gave a 5 minute prayer talk.....I am not joking. The prayer was so long I started squirming. When it came time to pass around the bread or matza, I and my husband had to make sure we did not laugh out loud. You would not believe how horrible the bread looked. It seemed as if they had taken the bread out of storage. It was gray, broken up in pieces and even had crumbs on the plate. It was embarassing. We could not believe that with visitors, the cong would present, to the public, on such an occassion, bread representing Christ's body that looked so bad. After calling my mom, she said that in the South, sometimes the congs used homemade matza bread at the memorial celebrations. My husband, who is from the Carribean, said that when he was younger, the congs also used homemade matza bread for the memorial celebrations because his own mother baked for the memorial- but it looked much better.

Then, when another brother was praying before passing the wine, he kept referring in his prayer that the wine represented Christ's body. I kept cringing everytime he said that in prayer. My husband said because the brother was elderly he made those mistakes. Regardless of that, I feel on such a solemn occasion when you have new visitors, you should not make such a mistake when praying.

Anyway, that was our memoral celebration experience for 2008.

• bud2114
    bud2114

Our memorial was supposed to start at 9:00 pm, but was delayed several minutes due to poor planning and lack of coordination between the two congs that share our hall. You would think that with all their experience the BOE's would realize that you need more than 30 min between the services for 300 people to exit the hall & parking lot and another 280 people to park, enter the hall, and be seated. Our service was half over and people were still coming in and being seated! It was ridiculous.

As to the service itself, most of the talk was drowned out by the hubbub of the late-comers and the shrieking babies up way past normal bedtime, but what I did hear reconfirmed again the sillyness of the entire occasion. For one thing, 80% of the talk was about the 144,000 annointed, the "bride of christ" and their role in the "new covenant." Jesus, and the value of his sacrifice for mankind was barley mentioned. The material was dry and confusing, and was way over the head of most of the audience. I was able to verify later that the talk was indeed from a new outline which was interesting because at least part of the the outline totally contradicted the "new light" regarding the sealing of the annointed that was just covered a couple of weeks ago at the WT study. The next to the last study article in the Jan 15 WT "Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom" just established that the "calling" of the annointed - which for years was thought to have been completed during the 1930's, did not end then, but this calling is still going on now even at this late date. Without admiting that they were wrong and have been for years, and without even mentioning the rising number of memorial partakers (especially in the last 2 years), the article stated that it has become apparent that new annointed ones (and not just replacements) are being called even at this late date. Yet, the memorial outline cited the total number of attendees (17,000,000+) and partakers (9,105) in 2007 as an indication that the sealing WAS completed in the 1930's. WTF? Apparently, the memorial outline committee didn't get the message from the WT article writers - retards. Just another example of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing up there.

Anyway, by the time the wife and I were able to pull out of the parking lot it was 10:22 pm. A fine Saturday evening wasted. At least we got to enjoy a great view of the beautiful full moon.

• worf
    worf

Hi bud 2114,

Thank you for posting your memorial experience. Or should I say memorial fiasco?

What occurred in your particular congregation is another part of the ever-piling-up proof, that there is no god, named jehovah or otherwise, that is leading that mixed up cult. Because if some god were leading it, he shows that he can't even make sure that so-called "new light", is emphasized on the most important occasion in his own organization.

What a joke!!!!

Worf: Former elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit