THE MEMORIAL MEANS NOTHING!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The truth is it---it's all about appearances. It is The Greatest Show On Earth, folks! It's all a fraud. You are expected to "observe" a "ceremony". That's all it is! You can't participate during the "Lord's Evening MEAL". That's right, it's supposed to be a MEAL! A meal you can attend but can't do anything but watch. If you're lucky (sorry, I mean fortunate), you might get to see someone actually eat and drink there but chances are they really don't "qualify" in doing so.

This whole special once a year event is supposed to make everyone appreciate their Savior, Christ but there's but one problem. When you go to the "observance", you realize Christ is not YOUR savior after all because you are told you're not going to heaven. He only is the Savior and gives immortality to but 144,000 folks. That's it! So the bottom line is that if you did go to The Memorial, you got scammed. But at least the numbers will show many millions not Jehovah's Witnesses took their stand and appreciated that the greatest man that ever lived, died for someone else---not you. Hopefully, this fact will be comforting to all those that went or were made to feel they "should" go to The Lord's Evening Meal.

• Satanus
    Satanus

So true, a scam. The wt eventually put it in print, when it said that jesus was/is moderator for only 144000.

S

Oops, i meant mediator, or was that matador?

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Where can I find that in print? Was it in a book or the WT?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

L&R, here's a Watchtower quote I grabbed from the recent thread "Jesus as Mediator":

*** w89 12/15 30 Do You Remember? ***
    • In what sense does Paul use the term “mediator” when referring to Jesus at 1 Timothy 2:5, 6? In this text, Paul uses the Greek word me·si'tes for “mediator,” which term has a legal significance, so he is not using this word in the broad sense common in many languages. Hence, Paul is not saying that Jesus is Mediator between God and all mankind. Rather, he is referring to Christ as legal Mediator of the new covenant, which laid the basis for Christ’s anointed followers to share with him in his heavenly Kingdom. (2 Corinthians 5:1, 5; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Hebrews 8:7-13)—8/15, pages 30, 31.

So they say Jesus' "mediator" role applies only to the 144,000.

Dave

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah Minimus this is one meal that always leaves me hungry.....we always go to Pizza Hut afterwards to have the "Great Crowds" "memorial meal" with beer substituting wine and pizza for bread.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's all a waste of time. They need something to gather everyone so they can hound them, at least once a year. That is their chance to find those that do not regularly attend boasting sessions, hound them, and get them to go to all of the boasting sessions (notice that the "special(??)" talks are always after the REJECT Jesus party).

It also wastes their time around the Black Sabbath. You see, they have nothing else to look forward to. So, they make the Black Sabbath a focal point. Waste the surrounding months pioneering. Special invitation drives so they cannot have time to think in a more integrated fashion. And then, they go to the Kingdumb Hell and watch a plate of stale crackers and a glass of spoiled grape juice go around the place and call that their biggest celebration of the year.

Merry Christmas--and Happy Easter (and whatever other holidays you choose to celebrate).

• minimus
    minimus

It's all done for show. Everyone sits somberly and tries to look real serious.

Then everyone can go their merry way and carry on. One big sham!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

the one I went to was pretty festive before and after the service. There was this girl , who apparently knew my wife from the hall, hovering around us both trying to draw me into conversations about the troof. I guess she was on a mission to try to "get to know" people she hadn't seen or something.

• worf
    worf

When I was an elder, and we had our elder's meeting to decide who would give the memorial talk (If we had no guest speaker),

my conscience would never allow me to volunteer to give the talk because deep down inside, I had questions about the whole 'Jesus sacrificed his life for our sins' thing.

Of course, since being out of the borg, I know why I felt that way.

Meaningless ritual.

Worf

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Dave,

great, thanks for the information!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit