THE MEMORIAL MEANS NOTHING!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Worf, you're from NY, right? I was there yesterday listening to WBLS, at 107.5 and the female afternoon jock was speaking to her on air partner and he said he went 'to the Memorial" and said he was raised a Jehovah's Witness. Do you know who he is???

• worf
    worf

Minimus,

Yes. I'm from New York. I do listen to WBLS sometimes, but I don't know remember his name.

I'm going to try and find out. I'll let you know.

Worf

• Layla33
    Layla33

The two congregations I went, it was nothing but a fashion show and a place to get your dose of gossip for the next month. Nothing else. I can't remember one memorial that I can commit to memory, they all run together. Oh, there was one, someone invited a new study and he ate the crackers and drank all the wine. I can still remember the gasps. Good stuff.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The best possible view to uphold if you value your own sanity!

It will allow you to begin making a few decisions for yourself as you regain strength in who you are!

• Casper
    Casper
    it was nothing but a fashion show and a place to get your dose of gossip for the next month

This describes the hall I went to for 13 years. It never changed.

Cas

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

In addition to all of the other good comments made about the farcical Memorial event, I would like to add something else.

The Borg has a real problem with the logic surrounding the Memorial. If, as they say, the 144,000 were to be filled first, prior to those of the "great crowd" being invited to be Christians, are we to really believe that the 144,000 were not filled in the 1st Century?

That just doesn't jive with the report that the Christians filled the whole world with their teachings. Furthermore, even if that was true, it is ludicrous to believe that between 33 C.E. and 1935 there were fewer than 144,000 Christians. It is just plain ridiculous to even advance that argument.

What is even more amazing is that the Dubs actually swallow it. They are lunatics. The Borg is really a master of TWIST and SPIN.

Cheers everybody,

Alex

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

After a lifetime of attending, even taking it once, I have to agree with you Min....Sad isn't it?

• Open mind
    Open mind

The Memorial "fashion show" was conveniently timed right after the release of the "How to Dress at Bethel" flyer.

I estimate that cleavage and sexy leg flashes were down at least 20% at our memorial.

Still there was quite a bit of flesh exposed by those who don't FULLY toe the line to every utterance of the Losch, err, John Class. It was kind of funny really. Bethel's description of "plunging necklines" and "tight" clothes were pretty lame. But there was some SERIOUS plunging necklines and mid-thigh skirt slits last Saturday.

I wonder if any of those sisters will be counseled?

OM

• minimus
    minimus

Don't miss it all, BB

• auxillaryapostate
    auxillaryapostate

It took me tooooooooooooo long to find that out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit