my Mom wore PANTS to the memorial

by mkr32208 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok so my mom has been a dub for a long time... I don't know how long for sure but since before I was born at least. Anyway she's... Well NOT submissive! She was in fact a bra burning hippie feminist before becoming a dub and how they ever convinced her I don't know. Anyway the other day I was laughing about the new "how bitches should dress for bethel" brochure and my wife says "Did you know your Mom was wearing pants to the memorial!"

Now I didn't go, how do you guys think that will go over?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

awww.... She is sooooo marked and being gossiped about.

Way to go mom!!

lisa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I can hear the buzzing running all thru the circuit. Way to go MOM!

I wore jeans to Easter Services. I asked if it was OK to come in like that, and the pastor lifted her robe and showed me green and pink boots. And then said to come on in!

momz

• blondie
    blondie

So petty, rather than being glad she was there, the focus is on her modest outfit. Remember the Pharisees so concerned that Jesus' followers didn't wash their hands in the ritual way?

• fokyc
    fokyc

I assume in real english, "Your Mum wore trousers",

you surely don't mean she went commando style? Do you?

It is all just so petty, I am banned from wearing a Bow Tie.

So I don't go.

fokyc

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That's what I was thinking. It could have been worse if she didn't wear pants.

• Confession
    Confession

So you're saying that, in some countries, "wearing pants" means wearing nothing?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In the U.S., they tell invited visiting women to be sure they have a skirt or dress and
    not pants. It's a huge deal to these folks. Imagine the gossip that took place on
    Sunday at the regular meeting. "Did you see 32208's mother? What's wrong with her?"

One big problem is that the talk and the ceremony mean nothing. It's all about being
    there, dragging a family member or literature student there. You must be there, you
    must be dressed right. The rest is unimportant. So they got nothing better to do but
    blast those that didn't show up or who dressed outside the box.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if they give her a hard time about it, maybe next year she shouldn't show up at all.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OH MY Jehovie, no she didn't!!! hey you wonder how they got your mom, well maybe I can shed some light on that, my aunt is kind of how you described your mom, she got the rest of the family to join, however she was high when the JW's knocked on her door, what a great reason for kids to stay off drugs, Get High= Join a Cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit