my Mom wore PANTS to the memorial

by mkr32208 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    So you're saying that, in some countries, "wearing pants" means wearing nothing?

In some countries pants means underpants. Trousers is a more univeral term.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    In some countries pants means underpants. Trousers is a more univeral term.

Reminds me of the time I lived in Connecticut and everyone called jeans "dungarees". They told me that I talked like a "Cowboy". Yep, y'all, they did! Don't ask for a sack, ask for a "bag". And it's nots "sucker", it's "lollipop". "Lollipop???????!!!" Almost made me roll on the floor laughing! A grown man says "lollipop"!

I could go on for days.

The women wear pants in America. Just depends on what church you go to!

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I think that depends on the temperment of her congregation. I used to live pretty close to your ZIP code there in FL a few years back and it could range from "what an ungrateful Jezebel (whore)!" to "so glad you are here, Sister MKR's mom". I'm sure a good CO worth his salt would give her or her husband a talking to. I wonder if I ever saw you at the Coliseum.

My mom was pretty similar to yours. Although she was attracted to the revolutionary aspects of JW-ness and the whole perfect life in a commune thing.

PS. I just GOTTA read the "Bichaz Guide to Bethel Pimping" brochure you mentioned. Comedy gold I'm sure. I can only hope there is a subtle quote in it to the effect of "showing clevage on the tour causes our dear volunteers to defile themselves en masse. Please think of the laundry room attendants!"

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I wonder if a guy wore a dress he'd get branded gay or something?

They are so judgemental its unreal!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This is horrible....wearing pants! One sister at our hall in winter would wear pants with a skirt over it....she looked so wierd!!!!

• unique1
    unique1

If anyone has a link to that brochure, I would be excessively grateful. Sounds interesting.

Good for your mom.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Maybe next year she'll wear an Easter bonnet

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I didn't know that dresses were mandatory- one more reason NOT to go! Yes, we were invited. But hubby already knew I thought the whole thing was weird. We thought about going to the church up the road, but it's Church of Christ and they don't believe women should wear pants (at all, I believe)- I just can't hang with that! I don't need my church telling me how to dress, I'm an adult, thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit