do christians really understand what it means to be a satanist?

by bigdreaux 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    satanists like myself just worship ourselves. we do not believe in an actual being known as the devil.

So then, is calling yourself a Satanist basically thumbing your nose at traditional Christain teaching?

I would also think it would put off any would be preachers. Simply saying that you are a Satanist would conjure all sorts of images, and they would turn heel and run!

momz

• dinah
    dinah

You worship yourselves? Now that's attractive.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I for one am not graven image material, especially after all these babies!

• dinah
    dinah

Awww, Momz! You are gorgeous!

• momzcrazy
  • Robdar
    Robdar

My question is do satanists really understand what it means to be a Satanist? Without Christianity, there could be no satanism. Not all religions believe in Satan afterall. The two are connected.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think you're just using that name for some sort of shock value. If you don't believe in "Satan" then "Satanist" is the wrong word. I think you should call yourself an "autothiest" if you're worshiping yourself. Or perhaps an exhibitionist if you really are just about shocking people.

• freeme
    freeme

as far as i know satanists doesnt worship satan. most of 'em doesnt even believe he exist! satanists believe in humans being able and having the right to be their own "god".

of course there are also ppl who "worship" satan somehow, but those arent the satanists that are common.

when i was more into dubby-nation i thought satanists are those who actively worship satan and of course they know we have the truth and they hate us for having it, because they know they will die soon.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    i think most people are ignorant of what being a satanist is. this questions for the christians, what do you THINK it is? i'm just curious and am not looking for a heated debate, just curious if people even know what it means. AVE SATANAS!!!!!!!!!

Lemme try: The Church of Satan doesn't actually believe in Satan. It was set up as a confrontational refutation of the hypocritical mores and restrictiveness of certain strains of Christianity. They co-opted the image of Satan to be provocative. But they don't actually believe in him; their form of worship is more a rejection of denial and the embrace of pleasure.

"Satan worshippers," those who would sacrifice goats and virgins, are not the same as the Church of Satan. "Satan worshippers" are the product of too much Cheez Whiz and overbearing schoolmasters and are kind of a joke. I had the occasion a few years ago to talk to a COS officer; he was extremely cordial. He accepted my interpretation that the COS was a really well-constructed practical joke on the rest of the world. He probably didn't agree, but he accepted my interpretation for what it was. It's not personally for me, but the COS is not the boogey man. That was Judge Rutherford after he'd several glasses of Jesus Juice, if you know what I mean.
  • pseattle2
    pseattle2
    when i was more into dubby-nation i thought satanists are those who actively worship satan and of course they know we have the truth and they hate us for having it, because they know they will die soon.

Actually, when I was being raised as a JW, we were taught that everybody who wasn't a JW was by definition Satan-influenced. Made things much simpler, I bet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit