do christians really understand what it means to be a satanist?

by bigdreaux 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

BD,

I merely made a statement and stand by it. Satanist= a follower of Satan. What Satan is or what he stands for is a whole other debate that I don't wish to get into.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

I merely made a statement and stand by it. Satanist= a follower of Satan. What Satan is or what he stands for is a whole other debate that I don't wish to get into.

typical

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Someone correct me if I am wrong BUT Your reasoning is flawed because satan is a christian construct and so cannot be the same individual christians stress over to satanists who simply condone things that are there for human pleasures.!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    Someone correct me if I am wrong BUT Your reasoning is flawed because satan is a christian construct and so cannot be the same individual christians stress over to satanists who simply condone things that are there for human pleasures.!

a satanists worships oneself. you do not deny yourself your fleshly desires, as long as your desires do not harm another. satan is personified by you, and you worship yourself. theist satanists believe in a god and his advasery, satan. satanists like myself just worship ourselves. we do not believe in an actual being known as the devil.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Bigdreax thank for clering that up!

I think some who do not have that view of themselves may find it hard to accept the concept of self worship even though it is a positive one!

For example if you worship yourself you will likely have more self steem and learn how to do so maybe?

So a depressed person may learn from satanists how not to be - or is that flawed reasoning?

Darn sight better than JW ideology which gets peopl efeeling utterly bad about all manner of being a human and part of nature IMHO

• avishai
    avishai

There are different types, though Bigdreaux. I assume you speak of the Church of Satan? Met Anton LaVey once, interesting guy.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

i knew a satanist once.

gave me the overall impression that satanism and humanism are much the same.

he told me he stole his first satanic bible from a bookstore as a kid.

hahahaha

my cat had no qualms about him.

she quite liked him, in fact.

S.

• monophonic
    monophonic

there are different types of satanists.

the satanic church, headed by anton lavey's daughter, doesn't believe in satan and uses the satanic icons as more of a middle finger to christianity.

that was one of my first questions, if someone's a satanist, that pretty much means they believe in christianity.

there were other split offs after anton lavey died who try to take it further with ritual, etc. but for the most part, anton lavey and his family were a very showbiz type family, always doing vaudeville type acts for their friends, you know, sammy davis jr., etc. who claimed membership in the satanic church....or at least friendliness.

i've studied the satanic church and have worked with karla lavey and for the most part, it's a venue for entertainment. they don't believe in satan b/c they don't believe in the bible.

then there's been the talk of the satanic bible, scribed by anton lavey, but from what i've heard, it's mostly copied from other 'holy' texts and skewed. i haven't read it, so my knowledge of that is based on third hand information and could be completely wrong.

if anyone believes in satan, that pretty much makes them a christian.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    if anyone believes in satan, that pretty much makes them a christian.

and if anyone believes in god, that pretty much makes them a satanist.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm not Christian, I'm pagan.

I find the same problem exists with what Christians think pagans are!

I have read the Satanic bible. I agree with some of the ideas, but Satanism isn't for me, because I believe in deity and in interacting with higher spirits.

Sirona

PS christians who are unaware - Satanism is nothing like Neo-Paganism!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit