How did you spend the memorial?

by sinis 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

Which day was that, anyway?? I worked every day for the last week. First day off, today.

S

• Krystal
    Krystal

Spent the night at my in-laws eating a TON of easter chocolate and watching Family Guy! hehe

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I was babysitting my friends 5 year old and watching college basketball!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was in a bar named Eight Mile Creek in SoHo. My brother, myself and some good friends were feeding the juke box, drinking Crown Royal and ginger, and eating wonderful food. Anyone ever had kangaroo?

Oh and we watched cricket, as we were in an Australian bar. Although a very patient man tried to explain it to me, I am still hopelessly lost.

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Went to my friends house for Easter Dinner, drank some Guinness, smoke a cigar, ate Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and cherry pie, then we sat with the kids and colored easter eggs whilst in a drunken stooper.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Dinner with my husband and some of our friends. Had a great time and also consumed some beverages (isn't that a no-no on Memorial night?). In short, I had a great night and didn't feel guilty for even one minute!

MMO

• llbh
    llbh

I was fortunate enough to spend the memorial with my dearest friend and thier family, this was the best time i ever had . I also went to an an Easter Service in the Sunday my first ever since leaving the JW's !!

i had my best Easter ever and i look forward to more of the same

Regards David

• bearish
    bearish

What I dont get is how can someone who has opened their eyes to the cult can still go to the 'memorial' or any other religious meeting. Can someone help me understand? Do they think the celebration at a KH is better than let's say the same celebration at a Jewish temple or a Catholic mass? or are they all wrong and should not be attended to?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I spent memorial night with my relatives in Kentucky catching up on the latest news from church.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, had a wonderful celebration at home instead of the KH, in are ceremony we didn't have unleavened bread so we used Twinkies sliced into quarters and instead of red wine

we used grape Koolaid and passed that around at the dinner table. In my talk I gave thanks to Jesus for creating all the the self-righteous sanctimonious redeemable sinners in the world,

and if he would please come back now because there might be too many of them .

After dinner we resided into the living room and gathered around the television to watch Monty Pythons " Life of Brian " it was a very good evening indeed .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit