Assembly Days Ahead

by WTWizard 16 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"And, beware of the one-towel rule for drying one's hands. The towels were made child size so a child will not waste half a big towel, but that means adults may need two or more towels. Plus, if they want the sink cleaned out, that takes still more towels.

I have been hearing that they are also handing out toilet paper in 2-sheet portions per use. I sure am glad not to be going to those wastefests anymore."

This is not how you treat normal adults at a typical public gathering. Even children get more respect. This is bizarre cult behavior.

• worf
    worf

Hi WT Wizard,

The last "Grand Boasting Session" I went to was also in 2001 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale Long Island New York.

I was there for one day with another ex-jw who drove all the way from Pennsylvania. We were there as protesters with large signs that

exposed the wt UN Scandal, the Pedophile Scandal, and their False Prophecies Scams. He and I were there all day.

My first experience as an "apostate" in public. Loved every minute of it.

Interestingly, a good number of jdumbs actually came up to us and asked us what it was all about and

we had conversations with them where they at least listened.

I felt more refreshed that day than from any convention in the 39 years of being a part of the borg.

Worf

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

And what about the Tampon machines , don't tell me they're restricting only one purchase per person .......... oh the humanity

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Things are probably going to get so tight in coming years that they do the following
    at Assemblies and Conventions:

1. Tell the members to bring their own toilet paper and towels.
    2. Put up a sign saying that t.p. is available, see the attendant.
    That would comply with any laws about it being available or get it to all the
    first-time visitors that responded to the flyers inviting them.
    3. Tell you to bring a blanket to save the wear-and-tear on the seats in their
    own assembly halls.
    4. Hand out new books ONLY at the convention, one per customer on the
    way out the door on Friday.

and radical solutions are:
    5. Keep the lights at half-power and ask you to bring a book light for your
    scriptures.
    6. Finally drop Friday from Conventions, hoping to make the same money in
    2 full days of intense begging.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Is it true that people who attend have to hook themselves up to a colostomy bag

so they so they don't have to go to the washroom and miss valuable information ?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Remember when you could use the district assembly as a semi-vacation? Not anymore. Now the Society wants you to wear a name badge at all times when you're out afterwards and not dress down. Gag me! The rules are just more and more controlling.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Now the Society wants you to wear a name badge at all times when you're out afterwards and not dress down.

This will be me during my wife's convention, so put a lapel badge on this:

alt

I am in A.A. so the drink is nonalcoholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit